Pooh_Friend#1

<font color=blue>Check out my year round tan!</fon
I am a newbie to this forum but have been lurking for a week. I am recently engaged and my Dfi proposed to me on Christmas. Unfortunately I cannot afford to get married at Disney, but hopefully I can still join your discussions on dresses, flowers, etc.

Welcome-- theres lots of discussion here about all types of wedding related things (including In-laws)... we are a real tight knit group and it wont be very long before you get suckered in with the rest of us... and addicted!

Good to have you here!:grouphug:

Congratulations:cloud9: Feel free to ask questions, we do what we can to help, this group of people are really friendly:thumbsup2

I am a newbie to this forum but have been lurking for a week. I am recently engaged and my Dfi proposed to me on Christmas. Unfortunately I cannot afford to get married at Disney, but hopefully I can still join your discussions on dresses, flowers, etc.

Of course you are welcome here. I am not even a bride, (I sell jewelry and come by if there are any strange questions) but I did propose there.

So ladies, If I may ask a few "Get To Know You" questions...

1. If it were in your budget, would you go and get married at WDW?
(I couldn't because of family reasons.)
2. How did he propose, we all have a special and unique story.
3. Have you set a date yet (was it set before he proposed ;))
4. Have you gotten the dress yet?
5. How do you plan to encorporate Disney into the wedding?

:figment:

Thanks for welcoming me. I can't wait to read more and get hints because I need all the help I can get. I didn't realize how stressful it can be.

:goodvibes Welcome! You've found a great resource for wedding advice, regardless of whether or not you're having a Disney wedding!

The girls here are great. They're quite the helpful bunch! I don't know where I'd be without the good ideas and information I've gotten from this forum! :grouphug:

we are a real tight knit group and it wont be very long before you get suckered in with the rest of us... and addicted!
~ Maggimus

This is so true!! And don't worry about not having a Disney wedding. We orginally started planning one and then decided not to have one. But we're having a Disneymoon!! Are you thinking about having one??
Welcome and Have fun!!! :cool1:

So ladies, If I may ask a few "Get To Know You" questions...
1. If it were in your budget, would you go and get married at WDW?
(I couldn't because of family reasons.)
2. How did he propose, we all have a special and unique story.
3. Have you set a date yet (was it set before he proposed ;))
4. Have you gotten the dress yet?
5. How do you plan to encorporate Disney into the wedding?
Fun!!!

1. Yes I would get married at WDW if it was in the budget, but I would make a ton of people mad here at home if I did that. My Dfi's family lives in West Palm Beach so it would be convenient for them!:thumbsup2

2. He proposed to me on Christmas. I was not expecting it at all, I thought if he would have proposed to me it would have been on the trip that we took to WDW for 5 days and then we went on the DCL for 10 days that happened in September. He is not good at holding back suprises or secrets, but this one he did good. Okay on to the story:
I woke up and he was already awake waiting for me downstairs. I am sitting on a chair and he is sitting on the floor passing out presents. We open our presents and each have one left. I told him to open his and he said no open yours and we went back and forth like that for a few minutes. I finally gave in and opened my gift to find a small wrapped box inside the big wrapped box. I open up the small box to find a jewellery box and open that up and there was nothing in it. I thought he got me the necklace that I pointed out to him because the box was from the same store. At this moment I am thinking to myself that OMG he didn't check to see if they put the necklace in the box and he got ripped off. Well I must have looked confused and he asked what was wrong, I looked up and saw his holding out a diamond ring on his knee. I cried and he cried before he could even get anything out. He asked me and I hugged him without even saying yes. After I got done squeezing him to death and he asked, so is that a yes? I screamed yes and quickly ran to call my mom and my sister. My dad answered the phone and he heard me crying so he told me not to saying anything yet until my mom got on the phone......I found out he asked my parents 2 weeks before at their house for their blessing.:love: I can't believe my mom hid that from me since she usually isn't that great at keeping secrets!!!:cloud9:

3. We have set a date and it is June 7th, 2008. We were aiming for August 2007 but no way possible. I want to get married at the church my parents got married at and my sister and I were baptised at up in the mountains and it had to be summer time (my only restrictions!!!)

4. No dress yet. Haven't tried any on either because I want to lose some weight first.

5. I would like to have the Cinderella wedding theme at my wedding.

We wanted to go to Hawaii for our Honeymoon but now that DCL has announced a 15 night Repo in August we would like to do that instead. I have been on 5 Disney Cruises and my DFi has been on 1 (last September) so we are aiming for DCL!!!!!

I forgot to add that my Dfi has twin DD's. MY SO dropped them off at their mom's house on Christmas eve and must have told them then that he was proposing (they can't keep secrets!!!) and then Christmas night they called him asking if I said yes. They are just as excited as me!!! They show everyone on their basketball team my ring and they are so proud.

Great story!!!!!

BTW which Repo cruise (east or west) My DW wants to go on one and I am thinking about it...

I understand the bit about wanting to do the wedding in the church your parents were married at. It can mean a lot. There are less expensive FTW packages that you might look into, but I guess you are right about being unfair to your family (I mean doesn't the brides family pay for the wedding??? ;) ;) ;)

Seriously, there are some packeges at Swan/Dolphin, and some of the intimate packages that might be something to look into. Actually, for the price of the Repo cruise for 4, you might be able to have a Disney wedding... It is a thought...

:figment:

It would be the East Repo because the West Repo is before we get married!!! I would rather spend more money on the honeymoon than the wedding (is that bad??!!!)

I am trying not to have my parents spend very much money and I am saving this year and next year's tax refund and putting away $100 every month to put towards the wedding. My dad is really really close to retiring and my mom has been a stay at home mom since my sister and I were born and I would rather than save up for themselves instead of using it all on me.

My comment about being unfair was about the 100 people that wouldn't be able to attend the wedding who would really want to!!! All of my family and friends are out here in CO and my SO's family is the only people that will have to travel.

Welcome!

I am sure you can use some of the ideas we have here as inspiration for your own wedding. And I know that you will have some ideas we can't wait to hear!!! Welcome again and join in as much as possible.

Congrats and Welcome. This is a great board. There are a lot of people here with lots of information to share! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter