Newbie Weight Watchers Questions

shmoogrrrl

Tigger Goddess
Okay, I just started WW this week and I have a couple of questions.

I see by the points that 1 cup of carrots are 0 points, but if I were to eat 2 cups of carrots, it would be 1.5 points. Here is my question. If I eat 1 cup of carrots as a snack between breakfast and dinner, then 1 cup of carrots as a snack before bed, that is counted as 0 points since they are two separate occasions on the on-line tools, but shouldn't it be 1.5 points for the day?

I am running three days a week and doing a Zumba class three days a week, so I am getting a decent amount of exercise points. I haven't had to exchange those (if I understand correctly, I can count them as 'bonus' points at the end of the week if I need them for going over points?), but lets say that I was to go out and blow all of those points on the weekend eating binge. Would I still be on track for losing weight? Same with the 35 extra points that I get. If I am constantly eating the 35 extra points worth of food for the week, am I not going to lose? Did ANY of that make sense?

This point thing is a bit confusing to me!

Hi! :goodvibes

It's my understanding that the activity points should be used more on a daily basis for overage of points each day and only your weekly flex can be used all at once for a splurge. For this reason, I use my activity points first as any overage before I go into flex points. Something to do with calories burned that day and increased metabolism that day as a result of activity.

It's also my understanding when counting points, quanity is an important part of weight control and if you're eating them at different times, only count them as their individual serving. It would snowball on a lot of foods, if you counted the total points for the whole day and not individual portions at each meal/snack.

HTH!! And hopefully someone else can back this up or correct me if I'm clueless! :lmao:

Good luck! :thumbsup2

According to my ww leader she says that you can accumalte activty points and use them at the end of the week. She calls them roll over points.
On the carrots question I asked that same question to my leader and she says that if you eat them all in one sitting you have to add the 1.5 points but, if you spread it out during the day you don't have too.
I hope that helps.

When I was on WW, I found I needed to be a little looser with counting points or it would drive me up the wall! I started many years ago when carrots were free. When they said you had to start counting them, I ignored it! As many people in my group said, "I didn't get fat by eating too many carrots!" I also wasn't too strict about weighing potatoes or apples. My leader once held up 3 and 4 point potatoes and 1 and 2 point apples so we could see the difference. I just counted every potato as 3 and every apple as 1, figuring it would even out in the end.

One caveat: I very rarely ate all of my allotted points for the day since back then they gave us a range. My little point here, point there fudges didn't seem to matter but they might on today's plan. Take my advice with a grain of salt!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter