• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Newbie to Paradise Pier...

kimmar067

TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!
....and to DL, for that matter. Share your thoughts, expertise, pros/cons, things good-to-know....soooo, how much will I like this resort?

TIA!

I don't know where you have stayed elsewhere, but we really have loved the Paradise Pier. We've stayed there 3 times and enjoyed it very much. It's bright and cheerful, easy to navigate, the walk isn't too bad. You can see DCA if you have a room on that side of the hotel. We've had that 2 out of the 3 times and have really enjoyed the view of DCA at night from our room. Pleasant roof top pool with a cafe/bar adjacent to it. Only warm fuzzy memories for my family when thinking of PPH!

I've never stayed at WDW, so I can't compare and contrast to those hotels. But I can say I love PPH!

Since you are staying on property, you will get Extra Magic Hour, so look into that. At Paradise Pier, you have a character buffet at the hotel. You'll have to walk thru Downtown Disney to get to the parks, but it's not that far of a walk, and you are close to Trader Sam's and the new Tangaroa Terrace Bar & Grill. Plus, the rooms are slightly larger than the other two hotels! Also, staying on property, you can sign up for the early morning power walk thru the park if that's your thing.

Check out the pool refub schedule for the dates you are going. If the pool at Paradise Pier is being refurbed at the time, you will be allowed to go to the pool at one of the other hotels.

I don't know where you have stayed elsewhere, but we really have loved the Paradise Pier. We've stayed there 3 times and enjoyed it very much. It's bright and cheerful, easy to navigate, the walk isn't too bad.

That sounds great! I just booked a room there for December. I'm solo for the trip, so PPH was really all that I wanted to afford. The other two resorts would have been an option if I were splitting the cost, so I'm glad to know you've enjoyed it enough to stay there 3 times. Thanks!

....and to DL, for that matter. Share your thoughts, expertise, pros/cons, things good-to-know....soooo, how much will I like this resort?

TIA!

so you asking how much you will like the lodging you have reserved and its vacation hotel resort amenities....or are you asking how you will like Disneyland, based on your WDW choices of many places to visit but knowing that you are limited to basically one choice but two gates?

That sounds great! I just booked a room there for December. I'm solo for the trip, so PPH was really all that I wanted to afford. The other two resorts would have been an option if I were splitting the cost, so I'm glad to know you've enjoyed it enough to stay there 3 times. Thanks!

I'm sure you'll love it! Oh! And they have room service too! We tried to enjoy that at least once per trip.

TIA!

I admit I'm a little concerned that you are referring the PPH as a resort. Or did you mean the whole DLR area? PPH is fine- the rooms are spacious, the decor is a cheerful Disney beach theme and the Theme Park View rooms have a fabulous view of DCA but the property does not have a WDW style resort feel at all. It is a former non-Disney high rise hotel that was acquired by Disney. It has a small-ish pool on the back side of the hotel, a lounge/coffee bar and one restaurant on the first floor along with a gift shop and small conference center. Again, the hotel really is fine-I've stayed there multiple times- but if you are expecting WDW style resort feel you'll be better off at DLH or GCH. Just want to make sure your expectations are set appropriately.

We're big fans of the PPH. Ask to upgrade to concierge at the front desk, if you're not concierge already. We got a screaming good add on rate at the front desk. We used the heck out of the lounge.

I think the room are bright and airy!

We've stayed at the PPH a few times as well as the other two. We really like it. It is hard to compare it to a WDW resort because it is basically just a high rise hotel. We're staying there again in May.

I don't know where you have stayed elsewhere, but we really have loved the Paradise Pier. We've stayed there 3 times and enjoyed it very much. It's bright and cheerful, easy to navigate, the walk isn't too bad. You can see DCA if you have a room on that side of the hotel. We've had that 2 out of the 3 times and have really enjoyed the view of DCA at night from our room...I can say I love PPH!
....well, we've never been to DL, so I guess that makes us even....;)

Since you are staying on property, you will get Extra Magic Hour, so look into that. At Paradise Pier, you have a character buffet at the hotel. You'll have to walk thru Downtown Disney to get to the parks, but it's not that far of a walk, and you are close to Trader Sam's and the new Tangaroa Terrace Bar & Grill. Plus, the rooms are slightly larger than the other two hotels! Also, staying on property, you can sign up for the early morning power walk thru the park if that's your thing....
....I say yes but my knees say, "NO WAY, JOSE`!"

I admit I'm a little concerned that you are referring the PPH as a resort. Or did you mean the whole DLR area? PPH is fine- the rooms are spacious, the decor is a cheerful Disney beach theme and the Theme Park View rooms have a fabulous view of DCA but the property does not have a WDW style resort feel at all. It is a former non-Disney high rise hotel that was acquired by Disney. It has a small-ish pool on the back side of the hotel, a lounge/coffee bar and one restaurant on the first floor along with a gift shop and small conference center. Again, the hotel really is fine-I've stayed there multiple times- but if you are expecting WDW style resort feel you'll be better off at DLH or GCH. Just want to make sure your expectations are set appropriately.
....hmmm, I did not know that....thanks for that info....we are actually coming from the east coast to attend a wedding in Carlsbad [Leo Carrillo ranch] and had enough Visa Disney points to get a free mini trip out of it....

We stayed there two weeks ago and really enjoyed it. It was an easy walk to the parks, the bag check lines were short and the hotel staff was friendly.

We love PPH. As others have said, the rooms are larger and bright. We always get a theme park view room which is the best of any onsite hotel, in my opinion. The walk isn’t bad at all.

We stayed there two weeks ago and really enjoyed it. It was an easy walk to the parks, the bag check lines were short and the hotel staff was friendly.
...do you mind sharing your room location...?

I stayed there about 10 years ago with my two daughters on a girls trip and enjoyed it but don't really remember too many specifics. We recently booked a stay there for next month and all they had available were club level rooms so we are staying for 3 nights. Wanted to add two more nights prior to our original arrival and couldn't so I booked the Marriot Courtyard Main Gate on points for two nights. We stayed at the DL hotel last year and loved it but it wasn't available for our time period. I am excited about it. It will be my husband, me, my daughter and granddaughter sharing a room so glad to hear the rooms are spacious.

We also booked the WOC dessert party...that will be our first time doing any kind of dessert party.

MJ

GCV is our Resort of choice. All 3 of the Resorts have Character Dining. I have not stayed at the Disneyland Hotel Resort since my DD was 2 (now 19), we did not enjoy it as much as I did when I was a kid. We went in February and a lot of the stuff was closed which was a bummer. I miss the old shops and the monorail right there at the resort. Now you have to walk through DTD to get to the monorail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter