Newbie to DVC rental. Help!

carolinakk

Mouseketeer
So we've stayed primarily at dvc properties but have always gone through Disney to book.

We are going in a few weeks but I'm already planning an after thanksgiving trip to see all the holiday decor.

Considering renting point this time. Need help deciding who to go with. Does anyone have strong opinions (good or bad) about Dave's or DVC Rental Store. I know I can post on different forums and not go through a company, but I'm a bit risk averse and not having a bit of a safety net scares me.

Also, if I rent through one of these sites, will I still be able to link everything on my Disney experience?? Magic bands can be linked to tickets purchased at undercover tourist?! The fun of it all for me is the meal, fp+ etc planning and I wouldn't want to have to do all that separately.

Thanks for any guidance for this veteran disney traveler but dvc rental newbie :)

David's vacation rentals is fantastic! We did a split stay at BLT and AKV last year thru them. Great communication, no problems at all. Will use them again for our November trip (I'm booking soon).

David's Vacation Club was so great to my Mom. We booked our stay at Bay Lake Tower using them and they were kind and helpful.

You will be traveling during one of DVC's busiest times. If you are interested in a particular DVC resort you should get on top of that as soon as possible. Owners start booking at 11 months out. If you are not picky on the DVC resort you are staying at you can take some time. Please keep in mind that no matter what route you go through to find an owner, renting a DVC reservation is usually a nonrefundable transaction. For the most part you will not be able to cancel your reservation and get any money back so be sure you are able to follow through with your plans. Also, if you are going to add the dining plan with DVC, you will need to pay for the plan upfront at the time you add it.

As for a rental company, you have somewhat less risk with them so if risk is a factor for you I would definitely go with one of them. I personally have used David when I needed to rent out some of my points and they were great. Yes, you will be able to link a reservation you receive from a rental company with MDE, so that's nothing to fret about. I would be more concerned about getting on top of figuring out what DVC resort you want to stay at and gettting on top of that.

Thanks, all. Have requests in with both David's and dvc rental store. Both are saying no availability/enough points available right now. Trying to decide who to stick with as far as keeping our name/request in the waiting list.

Thanks, all. Have requests in with both David's and dvc rental store. Both are saying no availability/enough points available right now. Trying to decide who to stick with as far as keeping our name/request in the waiting list.

I know some people feel it is necessary to go with a broker but honestly, if you have a certain resort you want for that busy DVC time, you should really look at a private owner. We have rented DVC at least 10 times, only 1 through a broker because it was last minute, and have had nothing but good experiences!! Through this board and one other popular board that I can't name, we have found much better deals than $14/point. We even rented for the Treehouses for this coming November for $9/point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter