Newbie Questions

kkaisu

Mouseketeer
I am just starting to plan a trip to US and IOA for 2005. Planning on staying at the Hard Rock but would like info on the best way to purchase hotel and tickets.
Is it cheaper to buy a package thru US or to buy things seperate or is there a cheaper way to go about it, I have read through several posts and keep seeing LOEWS card - but getting confused by TOO MUCH information maybe:rolleyes:

It will be me, my SO, and 2 girls ages 13 and 11
We are really excited but on somewhat of a budget so definitly looking for great deals!!

Thanks for any info

Be sure to spend time on these boards and ask questions before buying anything. A package will likely be more expensive. I have purchased packages before finding these boards and I know that I paid a lot more than I would have if I knew all of the tips I know now. That being said, I have never flown to Orlando, so you may want to see if a package with airfare is cheaper than all of the components priced individually. Somehow I doubt it.

Join LoewsFirst and you will get some nice benefits while you are at the hotel (all of the onsite hotels are owned by Loews). It may save you $$ on your hotel room, but not too likely. The best way to get discounts on hotel rooms is to call Universal directly and ask them what their best rates are with annual pass (AP), fan club, Loews member and Entertainment Rate. Then you will just need to make sure you qualify for that discount when you travel.

Fan Club is a card many employers have to distribute to employees which entitles you to discounts on hotel rooms, food, souvenirs and I think, park tickets. If your employer or SO's employer do not offer them, there is a woman on the DIS who has been known to send them out to people in the past, and you can PM her to see if she is still able to do so.

Having an annual pass also entitles you to discounts on hotels, meals, souvenirs and park tickets for friends and family. You should probably assess whether buying an annual pass is beneficial for your trip based on whether your best hotel discount is through AP and the length of your stay and the cost of individual tickets for that time period. A lot of people purchase one AP to get the hotel and food discounts and buy multiday tickets for the rest of their party.

Entertainment rate is through the Entertainment Book which you can purchase through entertainment.com if you do not know where to get one in your area. You will need the one for 2005 which I do not think is available yet.

I doubt that the discounted hotel rates for 2005 are out yet. The rates for 2004 did not come out until November 2003, and several people on these boards are reporting that discount rates keep coming up, so if you book, check back to see if a better discount is available before you travel. I was able to save about $200 doing that on my 2 upcoming trips. Universal does not have a problem switching your reservation over to the lower rate.

By the way, we love the Hard Rock Hotel (HRH) and I hope you will get the chance to stay there next year. Happy planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter