Newbie here!! Intro among other things...

MagicalMomAZ

DIS Veteran
Hi all .... I had no idea where to start but the "welcome" forum seemed best.
I am deeply in love with all things Disney, maybe not as deep as some b/c I can't bring myself to decorate my house Disney.... attempting to redecorate the den/family room this way however! :blush:

I am a message board junkie. First with my second child I was on a pregnancy board for 8 mos .... then a wedding board when we married (yes we did it backwards!) in June ..... and now Disney.

My husband thinks Disneyland was dreampt by a league of dirty old drunken men .... I cannot get him to find the magic in any of it....and i have tried! Anyone know why some never find it? It seems blasphemous!

My kids are 8 & 2 & b/c of the age gap I will leave my youngest (2 yo DS) with Dad for 3 days, 2 nights while my oldest (8 yo DD) & I go have fun....this may seem premature but we probably can't make a trip until October '07. I'm a planner - I like to get a headstart!!! :thumbsup2

So if any of the pros out there have advice for this website-I'd appreciate it, I imagine I'll be surfing here almost daily.

9 Disneyland adventures at ages: 4,7,8,11,13,16,20,20,26 ... simply not enough!

PS - HOW do I enter a tagline!? Can't find it anywhere...

Ok.... I was zooming through the posts & I now know Crocs are important but I'm in the dark about ADR & REI Baggallinni - what ARE those??

TIA!

MagicalMomAZ said:
Ok.... I was zooming through the posts & I now know Crocs are important but I'm in the dark about ADR & REI Baggallinni - what ARE those??

TIA!
4.gif

ADR's are Advanced Dining Reservations. Baggallinni is a messenger type bag that lots of people carry to the parks.

First, welcome to DIS. :welcome:

MagicalMomAZ said:
PS - HOW do I enter a tagline!? Can't find it anywhere...

As to tags, you can sort of fake it by editing your title in your user profile. Click the User CP link in the menu bar on the page. Click edit profile, and enter a custom title.

Alternatively, the tag fairies flit among the threads, find catchy phrases in your posts and tag you with them. If this happens, my understanding is that a tag will magically appear under your name. pixiedust:

I'll wait for the tag fairies to find me. I'm a purist. I'm holding our for an authentic tag from the tag faries, preferrably in lime green, and will accept no immitations. :)

Welcome to the DIS!!! You'll find everyone here most helpful and friendly. Have fun planning your girls only trip!

welcome to DIS!!!! youll find all the information you need right here in these forums and its a great help.

Hello and welcome to the DIS! I'm going to tell you right now that these boards are ADDICTIVE so your DH might have a hard time prying you away from your computer!

You will find TONS of information on these boards and it will seem like overload at first, so take your time and don't try to spend 8 or more hours per day trying to absorb it all (like I tried to do) or you'll go bonkers (I haven't yet)! :rotfl2:

Who am I kidding? I still spend too much time here and I love it! You will too. Again, welcome! :teeth:

Welcome! There is alot of great info here, but even better people! A word of warning, though, these boards will feed your Disney obsession- it will only get worse!

:welcome: This is a great site for information. If you haven't already, another site that you should check out is allearsnet: http://allearsnet.com/ Many of us use both sites for our planning! Have a great trip & have a great time planning!

I agree with everything said so far. It is addicting in here. :banana: And yes, there is a wealth of information. :surfweb: So, keep a notebook handy so you can take notes as you read. :teacher: But, you know, I don't think there are any better people in the world than Disney addicts!! :mickeyjum So :welcome: and enjoy!!

Welcome! I just re-registered... I was a member here for over a year under a different user name... but I only posted 3 times. LOL. I changed my name to synch it up with my other Disney board user names so I don't confuse myself. :bride:

Our kids are 2, 4, and 6 and they are all DISNEY crazy...

If you do go in October of 2007...your DH could take your older child to the MNSSHP... Though I find that my littlest enjoyed the party just fine last year at the age of one! He stayed up til midnight... My then 3 year old passed out... But my 1 year old was of course, free, in accompanyment of the rest of us. pirate:

Welcome! you will be spending a lot of time here im sure, even if you dont post that often :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter