Newbie from Canada

taycreekcropper

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

I am from New Brunswick Canada, headed to WDW on my families maiden voyage, a friend sent me to this forum for anything I might want to know and boy oh boy there is a ton of stuff!!!

We arrive on April 5, staying at Pop Century Resort for the week, my DD is going to be seven and my hubby and I are suprising her for her 7th birthday in 10 days with this trip.

I am so excited and scared....there is so much to know and so much to plan and I just want this to be such a memorable trip.

Please everyone, guide me through this.

10.gif

Hi All,

I am from New Brunswick Canada, headed to WDW on my families maiden voyage, a friend sent me to this forum for anything I might want to know and boy oh boy there is a ton of stuff!!!

We arrive on April 5, staying at Pop Century Resort for the week, my DD is going to be seven and my hubby and I are suprising her for her 7th birthday in 10 days with this trip.

I am so excited and scared....there is so much to know and so much to plan and I just want this to be such a memorable trip.

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Walt Disney World vacation planning! Ask any questions that you want and I am sure you'll get plenty of answers!

Welcome! Make sure you check out the Canadian section of the boards.

Welcome to the DISboards!! :goodvibes

Here's the link to the Canadian DIS forum:
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

To make a ticker, just click on whomever's ticker looks like one you'd like - clicking on it will take you to the ticker's website for you to personalize your own ticker :banana:

Here are the links to the Pop FAQ information threads (from newest to oldest):
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1991543
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1629396
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=698727

Have a great trip!

Welcome to DISboards. This is a great source of info and I'm sure you'll find answers to all of your questions, also be prepared to become addicted to DIS.:lmao:

Have a nice day. :)

Hi All,

:welcome:

:wave2: Welcome Aboard!!!

You will certainly find everything you need to know here!!! :thumbsup2 If there are specific questions you want to ask fire away!!:confused: Some one here will know the answer!!! :surfweb:
Warning: You will become addicted!!! :lmao: :rotfl:
Have a great trip!!! :yay: :cheer2: :dance3: :banana: :woohoo:

Hi another canadian here
we whet on our 1st cruise last yr and are going again pm me if I can answer some of your questions my son was about the same age as yours

Hi All,

Yeah! Another Canadian!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Welcome!

WelcomeSparkle.gif

... another fellow Canadian here. We've been on numerous trips to WDW (as well as having stayed at POP for most of those) so if you have any questions, just ask away :thumbsup2

WelcomeSparkle.gif

... another fellow Canadian here. We've been on numerous trips to WDW (as well as having stayed at POP for most of those) so if you have any questions, just ask away :thumbsup2

Thank you so much! I will definitley keep you in mind for my next questions....we are so close now, waiting for the travel agent to call us with the tags and such.....I cannot wait. I spoke with a friend of mine who was there last week, she made me feel so much better. A lot of books and such give the food and bus travel bad reveiws but she said not to worry all is very good......so now I'm feeling much better.

She liked her stay so much she bought a time share!!!!!

A lot of books and such give the food and bus travel bad reveiws but she said not to worry all is very good......so now I'm feeling much better.
As with any public transportation, the buses can get busy - especially returning to your resort at park closing time (you may have to wait for 2 or 3 buses before you actually get on). You can always leave a bit earlier to avoid the mad rush or even just take a taxi back to your resort if you don't want to wait. One good thing about the buses at Pop is they aren't shared with any other resort (like ASMovies or ASMusic).

The food at Pop is quite good and we often enjoy having at least one or two meals there during our stay. The food court can get busy in the morning but if you know that ahead of time and prepare for it, you shouldn't have any problems. The menu at Pop has something for everyone ... you can find their menu here --> breakfast --> Lunch/Dinner

Thanks so much!! The menus are great! So what time is the busy time - in your opinion? We have 2 character breakfasts booked.

I am so hoping that there is coffee in the Pop Eatry? Please someone tell me there is and how bad or good is it? I will NEED my coffee in the mornings......LOL

Thanks so much!! The menus are great! So what time is the busy time - in your opinion? We have 2 character breakfasts booked.

I am so hoping that there is coffee in the Pop Eatry? Please someone tell me there is and how bad or good is it? I will NEED my coffee in the mornings......LOL

Typically, guests are trying to get to the parks when they first open - so this means they are down having breakfast anywhere between 7am and 9am. To avoid crowds, you can eat earlier or later after they have all boarded buses to the parks. And you can always bring back food to your room. They will put food in to go containers for you if you ask. Lunch and dinner aren't generally as crowded as breakfast as people are in the parks.

As for coffee, yes they do ... although its the Nescafe stuff - I personally don't drink coffee so can't offer my opinion if it's good or not.

welcome to the boards from Ontario, Canada.

Have a great time at Disney World

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter