New Zootopia Films Coming

I'll give you Pandora, but Dinoland and Everest don't have anything do with the original theming. Ones a glorified fairground and the other is about a mysterious creature in a mountain.

Yeah, Disney can shoot the Yeti if they want. I don't care for that ugly beast. He keeps terrorizing people everytime I'm on it. He's not hard to kill either, he doesn't even move anymore.

I'll take anything other than Rafiki's Planet Watch, a virtual petting zoo. I don't want to touch a bunch of dirty animals.

I'll take anything other than Rafiki's Planet Watch, a virtual petting zoo. I don't want to touch a bunch of dirty animals.
That space is still needed because it is the parks animal hospital. The petting zoo aspect isn’t necessary but as long as they have any animals they need a space for animal care.

That space is still needed because it is the parks animal hospital. The petting zoo aspect isn’t necessary but as long as they have any animals they need a space for animal care.

They can still have their animal facility. Disney just can stick em backstage where we don't have to see em.

They can still have their animal facility. Disney just can stick em backstage where we don't have to see em.
Technically that facility is backstage or out of the way as you have to take a train to get there. Rafikis is larger than you think. There are more animal facilities and offices behind what guests see.

If they want to do expansion there is plenty of space to do it without moving Rafikis.

One of the reasons they have it accessible to guests is to educate them about the various animals.

I'd rather get that info while I'm waiting in line for stuff. Put it on a TV and I'll watch it. But when I'm in an attraction I want fun, fun, fun.

I enjoy rafiki's. The petting zoo part, meh. I can see it's appeal to the youngest children and folks that don't live in a rural area. If I want to pet a goat, I can just walk down my road. I'd rather see stuff a little out of the ordinary for folks around the US.
I do enjoy the hospital side of stuff. It's not an all day thing, and do wish it didn't require the train ride to get to it as I think that is part of the problem.

I get what people are saying about it being different than the central theme of Animal Kingdom. But that is what the train is for. Visitors would be leaving Africa and going to another world where animals act different than the norm. The parks don't have to have one set in stone theme. As long as it's about animals I think anything goes. Magic Kingdom isn't just about Magic or a Kingdom.

I get what people are saying about it being different than the central theme of Animal Kingdom. But that is what the train is for. Visitors would be leaving Africa and going to another world where animals act different than the norm. The parks don't have to have one set in stone theme. As long as it's about animals I think anything goes. Magic Kingdom isn't just about Magic or a Kingdom.
But what you are missing is they won't use the train, it would be in the area between Rafikki's and the rest of the park, so the train would not be involved.

I'll give you Pandora, but Dinoland and Everest don't have anything do with the original theming. Ones a glorified fairground and the other is about a mysterious creature in a mountain.

Dinoland is a cheap kids play area, I get that. But Everest fits in perfectly with the Asia district. AK since its inception was never supposed to be 100% "real" animals. If that was true Beastly Kingdom and the Dragon logo would never have existed in the design phase.

But what you are missing is they won't use the train, it would be in the area between Rafikki's and the rest of the park, so the train would not be involved.

I figured AK could still use the train for their facilities and Zootopia. You could just turn left or right to go to the different sections.

Dinoland is a cheap kids play area, I get that. But Everest fits in perfectly with the Asia district. AK since its inception was never supposed to be 100% "real" animals. If that was true Beastly Kingdom and the Dragon logo would never have existed in the design phase.

Exactly, you're making my point about the different types of animals. This is why I think Zootopia fits perfectly fine within the confines of the park. If fantasy animals can fit, why not human-like animals?

I figured AK could still use the train for their facilities and Zootopia. You could just turn left or right to go to the different sections.
The train can’t support the number of people that would be going to a major land. Construction in that area would likely lead to the removal of the train and if Rafiki was kept open, they would probably build a pathway to it then. Or an expansion of Rafiki would have to be minimal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter