• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

New York

dc1964

DIS Veteran
I appreciate this is slightly off the theme of the Forum but I am going to New York prior to Orlando in april. we would like to eat in a restaurant that is high up in a skyscraper, with views of the city, I have looked at the Empire state and there is no restaurant, the same with the Rockefeller Centre. Can anyone give any suggestion or personal experiences.

We've eaten on the 106th floor of the WTC, which was awesome, but obviously you can't do that anymore.

You could try the Rainbow Room which is on the 65th floor of the Rockefeller Centre.

"The View" in Times Square is a wonderful restaurant. It slowly revolves so you can admire the changing scenery of Times Square and the surrounding Theatre District. Whilst we found the service lacking a little on our last trip, the wine list is extensive and the food is excellent (the theme is contemporary american).

However, for a real dining treat you won't forget; visit The Boathouse at Central Park. It may not be a-top a skyscraper, but the food is incredible and the theming is wonderful. You can take a boat out on the lake before a light lunch, or have a nice stroll through the park before dinner. It's not too expensive either (compared to many other NY restaurants).

:wizard:

I'll second the Rainbow Rooms, I celebrated my 29th birthday there, and sat in the 'meg ryan' seat (used in the film sleepless in seattle) and it was lovely

Just moving this over to the UK CB :)

we done the world dinner cruise
which was great
just another idea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter