New Year's Eve

Tink1987

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Just looking for a little bit of advice now please on our final plan for NYE:

We have decided against having a nice meal on the night as we we would be rushing through it - we have the 7:00pm Beatles Love booked so we are going to head from our hotel, Caesars, to the Mirage early, have a few drinks and eat at BLT burger.

Love should finish around 9ish from what I have read so we are not going to buy tickets for one of the club parties or bars and just hopefully have a few drinks in Rhumbar? Or another bar at Caesars, Paris or the Mirage - staying local :)

Then at about 11, we are going to fight our way onto the strip to see the fireworks.

Can anybody please critique/tweak that for me? I may be missing something here as it is my first time in Vegas, but is there any real need for us to get on the strip earlier apart from it being busy? Will we see the fireworks from outside Caesars? Is there food and drink vendors on the strip?

I think after the fireworks have gone off, we are going to head back to one of the 3 above mentioned hotels for more drinks and then head to Peppermills later on for some drunken food!!

Apologies for all of the questions - I think I am just over planning because we haven't been before etc but just really want to get a plan together so we are not wondering about like headless chickens!!

Thank you :)

Sounds like a good plan.

Even BLT will be crazy busy that night so get there early - lots
of people seeing LOVE do the same thing. And all the bars will
be crazy crowded from 8PM until midnight when everyone heads
out to watch the fireworks. The fireworks can be seen all up and
down the Strip so anywhere will be fine.

I know planners (my wife is one) so please don’t take offense
and what I’m about to say; you really can’t plan NYE in Vegas.
Wandering around like a headless chicken is going to happen
because any plans will fall apart. Once you walk out of the
show you’ll see. All plans will be lost. Insane. Fun but insane.

Sounds like a good plan. Even BLT will be crazy busy that night so get there early - lots of people seeing LOVE do the same thing. And all the bars will be crazy crowded from 8PM until midnight when everyone heads out to watch the fireworks. The fireworks can be seen all up and down the Strip so anywhere will be fine. I know planners (my wife is one) so please don’t take offense and what I’m about to say; you really can’t plan NYE in Vegas. Wandering around like a headless chicken is going to happen because any plans will fall apart. Once you walk out of the show you’ll see. All plans will be lost. Insane. Fun but insane.

Thanks very much for your help :)

I completely understand - I tend to overplan and lose the spontaneity of it all!

Considering they shoot some of the fireworks off the top of Caesar's you shouldn't have an issue seeing them. ;)

Here's an article regarding it: http://www.lasvegassun.com/vegasdel...details-2013-nye-fireworks-strip-include-mus/

I'll be working a banquet at Caesars and hopefully will get out in time to see the fireworks with my wife. *fingers crossed* Just remember that after I believe it's 6pm they close the strip to vehicular traffic and you can walk in the street without risking being hit by a car! haha. If you stand towards the middle of the street as much as you can you should be able to see all the way down to Mandalay Bay. The strip curves as you go further North(towards the Venetian) so you won't be able to see ALL of the fireworks but it's ~8.5 minutes worth so you should see plenty. :rotfl:

Just remember, no glass containers or large backpacks are allowed on the strip NYE. The backpack thing was put into place after the tragedy at the Boston Marathon.

I can't remember exactly where the peppermill is, but I wouldn't plan in driving anywhere until later the next day! We live in Vegas and the one time we spent NYE on the strip we couldn't get out of the parking lot (The Venetian) until about 5-6 the next morning! Now that was many years ago, but I'm guessing that won't have changed too much!

Considering they shoot some of the fireworks off the top of Caesar's you shouldn't have an issue seeing them. ;) Here's an article regarding it: http://www.lasvegassun.com/vegasdeluxe/2013/dec/19/first-details-2013-nye-fireworks-strip-include-mus/ I'll be working a banquet at Caesars and hopefully will get out in time to see the fireworks with my wife. *fingers crossed* Just remember that after I believe it's 6pm they close the strip to vehicular traffic and you can walk in the street without risking being hit by a car! haha. If you stand towards the middle of the street as much as you can you should be able to see all the way down to Mandalay Bay. The strip curves as you go further North(towards the Venetian) so you won't be able to see ALL of the fireworks but it's ~8.5 minutes worth so you should see plenty. :rotfl:

Thank you - really hope you get out in time to see the fireworks! :)

I can't remember exactly where the peppermill is, but I wouldn't plan in driving anywhere until later the next day! We live in Vegas and the one time we spent NYE on the strip we couldn't get out of the parking lot (The Venetian) until about 5-6 the next morning! Now that was many years ago, but I'm guessing that won't have changed too much!

Thank you - we aren't actually picking up our rental car until the 2nd Jan which is when we head out of Vegas - we personally didn't see the point of having one for the four nights we are there - all we will do is grab a can to the Outlets one day.

We are actually just heading to the airport now to start our epic trip - very excited :)

I'm here in Vegas as I write this. Setting up for the big show. Crazy long
days so far. Gonna be a good display!

I'm curious about your trip, Tink.

From my vantage point is was crazy crowded on the strip. Did you get to
BLT? How did you like LOVE? (my fav show!) I was on The Venetian.

I was working inside a club at MGM Grand so I didn't get to see the fireworks. When I got to work at about 5:30pm it was already nuts on the strip and the club was STUPID crowded. It was overall a good night though. :)Hope everyone had a blast!

I'm curious about your trip, Tink. From my vantage point is was crazy crowded on the strip. Did you get to BLT? How did you like LOVE? (my fav show!) I was on The Venetian.

Sorry for the late response - we have only just got back from our trip :)

We had a pretty good day, we were very lucky! We went to the outlets in the morning as planned and then went to Sugar Factory over at Paris without a ressie at 12:30ish? Walked up and the server said it would be only 20 minutes for the 2 of us, but they called us after only 10. We then went back to our room to nap for an hour and headed over to the Mirage at 4ish and it was getting busier then. Saw LOVE which was so awesome, I loved it so much! We then weren't that hungry after our mega lovely lunch at SF so headed back over to Caesars and whilst it was busy I didn't think it was as bad as I expected! I think as I had planned for the crowds and I've been in many busy frantic cities all over the world I was OK. We gambled and drank for a little while and then headed out onto the strip at 11:30ish and enjoyed the Strip.

All in all, a great night :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!