New Years Eve EVE Event at the Contemporary Dec. 30th

GoBlue96

Earning My Ears
Has anyone booked this yet (booking just opened today) or have past experience with it (not sure if it's been offered before)? I'm trying to decide between this event and the fireworks dessert party at Magic Kingdom on the 30th that we already have tickets for.

I called MS and was told fireworks viewing would be from Porte Cochere at the Contemporary. Not sure if that's a good spot to watch the fireworks...

Please help me decide!
Thanks!!
Stacey

I get updates from DVC on Facebook - that's were I first saw it yesterday...it's also on disneyvacationclub.com under "member extras" for 12/30.

Thanks! I'm surprised it's not that much more than the Tomorrowland Dessert Party. It seems like they give you more to do than sitting around and eating, especially for kids who could get bored sitting around eating for an hour. Plus it gets you out of MK's crowds and the mass exit after the fireworks. I also am not sure about the view of the fireworks from there. I know they do private dessert parties from there so I think the view is probably good, but not as close as being in the park.

I saw it on Facebook, too. The food looks decent and there’s an open bar. It’s tempting, but I plan to close down the Epcot holiday food booths that night.

I just booked this for my family a few hours ago. Not sure what it will be like or what fireworks viewing will be like but we are never at Disney for any member events.This one happens when we are there so we decided we would just give it a go.

I book BLT specifically to see fireworks from TTOTW, but if I didn’t, we would be with you!

Same here. Since you've been at TOTWL, do you know if you are allowed to bring up food and/or drink, as long as you don't bring it into the lounge? Our room is not TPV, but will be requesting higher floor, even number, but it is still unknown what we will get. The plan is to watch the New Years Eve EVE MK fireworks from our room if possible and have our own little party in our room. If the room doesn't give us a view, we will head upstairs. What time is a good time for the new years eve EVE show? Anyone know?

If we weren't staying at BLT I would be joining DVCer's at this event.

A little off topic, but can anyone direct me to any posts or blogs with good advice and/or tips for a Christmas/New Years stay? Will be at WLV (aka boulder ridge) before moving to BLT.

I like Supersnoop's plan of touring the Epcot food booths....but I imagine it will be wall to wall people. I have a good place to watch fireworks, but dread the idea of getting back to BLT from there. My plan would be to go thru the back gate, walk to BCV and take the bus from there to MK and walk to BLT.

TIA.

It seems to me that we go up to the lounge abit before 10 but I honestly do not remember the time. We actually move to BWV the next day to walk back to our villa after NYE fireworks at Epcot.

Depending on the crowd, the lounge brings out a portable bar to sell drinks outside. I have never noticed people having their own private party outside on the deck. That does not mean there has not been one. At a certain point people line up next to the railing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter