New Years Eve Epcot plan help

newbie72

Earning My Ears
Hello- we just booked NYE at Epcot. Will have our young adult/teen with us: 19, 17, and 15.
Are there any dessert parties or dining packages?
I am sure this is definitely late coming to the gate, as I could not find dining reservations.
Has anyone done Epoct on NYE?
Any suggestions you can share?
Best places to try and stalk for an open reservation?
Best places to see the midnight fireworks?
Any tricks to navigate the Crazy on way out? We are staying at Saratoga Springs.
Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Epcot at NYE is a blast! We just made plans to go this year as well :) No park reservations but we plan to hop over.

We were at NYE 2020 and loved it.

Rides are impossible but we have done it before with FPs. I imagine you can get a few rides with Genie+.

Walking is easier during NYE than a busy F&W because CMs are fanatical about keeping walkways moving.

Our focus were the dance parties and we had a blast going to each one.

Had sandwiches for dinner at the Norway QS (line was not bad) and then a late night snack at the bakery in France (a 30+ min line which was ok and we even got a table).

Washroom lines are the worst so find out where the large banks of washrooms are.

We left right after fireworks and were surprised how quickly we drove out of the parking lot.

I’m debating dining reservations or maybe we will just eat before hopping over in the late afternoon.

Ooh! That is so nice to hear! Thank you.
Would you suggest just staying at Epcot for the day or trying to hop to MK for midnight?
We were not aware of the dance parties. Are those separate tickets?
I think we might be relegated to sandwiches in a backpack, lol!
Will the DVC lounge be open do you think?

Epcot has special NYE fireworks at midnight. I’d suggest Dec 30 at MK and Dec 31 at Epcot (that’s what we did last time and we will do it again). MK does NYE twice - Dec 30 and 31.

Alternatively, go to MK for the 6pm? fireworks, then hop on the monorail to Epcot for more dance parties and midnight fireworks. You’ll spend some time moving around, but u can have two NYEs in one day.

No separate tix for dance parties - all just extra entertainment. I think MK has 3 set up and Epcot usually has 4? Or more? I forget.

Thank you so much!
Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Do you know if the DVC lounge above Figment ride would be open? Although I’m sure packed, lol.
Unfortunately, we come in on the 30th, so didn’t get any park reservations. We figured could maybe hit the GF and try and get in the last day of the gingerbread houses. I haven’t been to DW over the holidays since 1989, and at that time we didn’t stay on property.,, so I’ve never seen the resorts decorated. Have been told the GF is a must.
We couldn’t get park reservations for MK on the 31st, they were sold out already :( so I think we are stuck at Epcot for the day which was our second choice. It seems as if we can come and go if we have a reservation?
So maybe we will try for the boardwalk for food?
Or if any suggestions for quick service at Epcot? We have only been once so far. And are at rose and crown fish and chips, lol

Epcot is amazing on NYE. Dance parties are crazy! But don’t expect to do many (any?) rides. If u want to get Genie+ that would help. But u have to be very fast with your fingers at 7am and make sure u know how to use the system well and choose rides carefully.

For QS, we love love love the bakery in France. Also the bakery in Norway has great sandwiches. I obviously have a weakness for bakeries lol. The new BbQ place in the American pavilion is good too. There are zero dining reservations left in Epcot or the surrounding resorts but u may get lucky if u keep checking?

For NYE 2020, I was shocked that the lineups for QS food moved quickly and we didn’t wait more than 20-30 mins and got tables in both Norway and France.

You can also get QS at the Beach Club/Boardwalk but I don’t think any stand out. The other resorts may not be worth the extra walking (u could boat it but it is time consuming ). Although you could maybe try for a lounge. Like the Ale & Compass Lounge.

Hello- we just booked NYE at Epcot. Will have our young adult/teen with us: 19, 17, and 15.
Are there any dessert parties or dining packages?
I am sure this is definitely late coming to the gate, as I could not find dining reservations.
Has anyone done Epoct on NYE?
Any suggestions you can share?
Best places to try and stalk for an open reservation?
Best places to see the midnight fireworks?
Any tricks to navigate the Crazy on way out? We are staying at Saratoga Springs.
Any and all suggestions are welcome.
We'll be there then too - also staying at SSR. We're early risers so planning to do early entry, do what we can til about noon, then back for a nap to get ready for the night festivities.! Our kids are 21 and 18 and looking forward to the dance parties.
We weren't able to secure a dining reservation either, but keep hoping something will pop up. Either way, we'll eat before we go back and pack things to tide us over in the event lines are too crazy at QS. Hopefully we can use mobile order.
Someone mentioned in another thread leaving through international gateway after fireworks and walking to HS and catching a bus from there as they won't have the masses of people like Epcot will.

My best advise is to not rush out after the fire works. Epcot is open until 1am. Relax. Soak it in. Watch the frantic crowds try to get out. Everyone is rushing to try and beat the crowds, and end up getting caught in them. Take a casual walk around WS after midnight. :)
You’re at Epcot New Years Eve! :banana: Enjoy!

Epcot is amazing on NYE. Dance parties are crazy! But don’t expect to do many (any?) rides. If u want to get Genie+ that would help. But u have to be very fast with your fingers at 7am and make sure u know how to use the system well and choose rides carefully.

For QS, we love love love the bakery in France. Also the bakery in Norway has great sandwiches. I obviously have a weakness for bakeries lol. The new BbQ place in the American pavilion is good too. There are zero dining reservations left in Epcot or the surrounding resorts but u may get lucky if u keep checking?

For NYE 2020, I was shocked that the lineups for QS food moved quickly and we didn’t wait more than 20-30 mins and got tables in both Norway and France.

You can also get QS at the Beach Club/Boardwalk but I don’t think any stand out. The other resorts may not be worth the extra walking (u could boat it but it is time consuming ). Although you could maybe try for a lounge. Like the Ale & Compass Lounge.
Thank you so much for these great suggestions. I don’t think we have ever eaten at Norway, will definitely look that up! I love the France bakery too… although I will admit the only things I’ve gotten from there were the eclairs and champagne, lol

We'll be there then too - also staying at SSR. We're early risers so planning to do early entry, do what we can til about noon, then back for a nap to get ready for the night festivities.! Our kids are 21 and 18 and looking forward to the dance parties.
We weren't able to secure a dining reservation either, but keep hoping something will pop up. Either way, we'll eat before we go back and pack things to tide us over in the event lines are too crazy at QS. Hopefully we can use mobile order.
Someone mentioned in another thread leaving through international gateway after fireworks and walking to HS and catching a bus from there as they won't have the masses of people like Epcot will.
Oh! That’s awesome to hear! This will be only our second time staying at SSR.
We were going to ask to stay near Disney Springs area, but not sure if that’s a good spot or not.
We are hoping the kids, at their ages now will enjoy the NYE activities. I think they will like the dance parties.
We are hoping to get online at 7am to possibly do the guardians ride, along with everyone else. Fingers crossed… this will also be the first time we are going to be navigating that system. It’s a bit intimidating, not gonna lie. Haha.
Still debating if genie will be worth it. Is genie + and lightening lane the same?
Kids honestly just would want to do the Remy and Guardians ride.
Any suggestions on where to watch fireworks?
I also read about leaving through the international gate. Is that the spot where you catch the sky ride? Or to get to the boardwalk? I thought it was a little past the UK area before you hit France?

My best advise is to not rush out after the fire works. Epcot is open until 1am. Relax. Soak it in. Watch the frantic crowds try to get out. Everyone is rushing to try and beat the crowds, and end up getting caught in them. Take a casual walk around WS after midnight. :)
You’re at Epcot New Years Eve! :banana: Enjoy!
Yes! Great idea!

Staying near Disney Springs area is best. If you want to ride Remy, you’ll need Genie+ and it better be your first booking at 7am (at the same time you book Guardians). Remember - Guardians you can return anytime after your boarding group is called. Don’t worry about the one hour window.

For SSR - definitely ask for near Disney Springs. Best part of SSR is leaving the parks after close, hopping on a bus to Disney Springs for ice cream/live entertainment, then strolling back to SSR after.

We are staying at Saratoga Springs.

We were going to ask to stay near Disney Springs area
If you are booked to stay in a Preferred villa, that will be in either Congress Park or The Springs neighborhoods. Congress Park is the one nearest to DS.

If you are booked to stay in a Standard villa, you could be in Grandstand, Carousel or Paddock, which are the furthest from DS. However, Grandstand is closest to the boat to DS, which is at the Carriage House (main building, where checkin is).

Thank you! We are booked for a standard room for the first night on Dec. 30, but then the rest of our reservation is in a preferred room at SSR.
We had two different reservations and combined, I think when my husband booked he didn’t realize the preferred vs standard, he was just focused on getting a two bedroom. We have a preferred room on waitlist so keeping fingers crossed!
Thank you for letting me know the locations… that is very helpful!

IMHO Epcot is my all time FAVORITE place to spend NYE... I have done it several years and have always had a blast.. From my experiences (seems to be the same setup every year), every NYE, after sunset WS is quickly transformed into a lively outdoor festival with multiple DJ dance parties with elaborate stages (China, Italy, USA, etc.), special lighting, pop-up bars, etc.. The atmosphere, while extremely crowded, is incredibly exciting and fun, despite the crowds everyone is always in great spirits, dancing, and having a great time.. Typically there are two showings of Harmonious (times seem to be TBD this year but I am sure they will add a second one in the coming weeks once schedules are finalized), and there is typically some type of NYE countdown show at midnight with fireworks launching behind each pavilion.. I strongly recommend!

Can anyone recommend quiet indoor zones to chill for a bit during NYE? My DH is battling cancer so sometimes needs time to rest - especially later at night. We don’t plan to go to Epcot until about 7pm and stay until 1am. At worst, he can go back to the van to nap - but it would be nice to have a quiet area handy I can take him to for a nap/play on his phone while the rest of us hit up the dance parties.

Last time we were there in 2019, I remember him sitting at Lotus Blossom Cafe for a break at 11pm.

Can anyone recommend quiet indoor zones to chill for a bit during NYE? My DH is battling cancer so sometimes needs time to rest - especially later at night. We don’t plan to go to Epcot until about 7pm and stay until 1am. At worst, he can go back to the van to nap - but it would be nice to have a quiet area handy I can take him to for a nap/play on his phone while the rest of us hit up the dance parties.

Last time we were there in 2019, I remember him sitting at Lotus Blossom Cafe for a break at 11pm.
Maybe your husband could go rest at a first aid station?
I’ve never been to one, but it seems like I’ve heard that they have places to lay down if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter