New Year's Eve at Epcot

Sonnyeclipse

Mouseketeer
So after many visits during different times of the year, we are going to give the busiest time of the year a shot at WDW. I have already decided that we will catch the MK fireworks on the 30th and spend the 31st in Epcot. I have done some reading on strategies but still have a few questions for people that have done NYE there in the past.

• I'm looking to arrive around 3 pm. Is that too late or should we arrive earlier? I'm figuring a late night on the 30th and a relaxing morning on the 31st.
  • Fireworks viewing - I know it will be crazy packed. Any suggestions for a good spot that we don't have to scope out many hours before? I would be ok with Future World viewing if you can still see most of the fireworks and hear the music.
  • Exit - We will be staying at Wilderness Lodge. Is bus the best option? I was thinking monorail to MK and then boat but it will probably be just as insane with people exiting the Magic Kingdom.
Thanks for any feedback and advice.

My favorite park to be for NYE, it is SO MUCH FUN!!! I'm glad you are prepared for insane crowds, don't plan on doing any attractions unless you have a fp, lines for the headliners tend to go to 4 and 5 hours long
- 3pm is fine, I usually get there at 6pm cause I'm there for the night parties around the countries and then for the fireworks at midnight
-I like to watch from Italy, we don't wait hours for the NYE fireworks so we are not by the railing but as ong as you can see a couple of countries from your vantage point you are fine, Future World is also ok, they open the grassy areas on each side and people bring blankets and sit and wait fr fireworks
-Getting out is the not so fun part. We are locals so we drive over, we just stay in Epcot until around 1:45am and then exit, no point going out after fireworks and being stuck in traffic for 45 minutes, you don't want to be stuck in a crowded bus. We just sit and relax and enjoy the music while everyone tries to leave.

An exit tip - we have done NYE a few times and after the midnight fireworks we walked on Test Track, Soarin, etc. a few times each. Everyone was booking it out of there and we got some bonus rides in rather than wait to go back. Not sure how long they keep the rides open but both times we did this. It's worth checking out.

An exit tip - we have done NYE a few times and after the midnight fireworks we walked on Test Track, Soarin, etc. a few times each. Everyone was booking it out of there and we got some bonus rides in rather than wait to go back. Not sure how long they keep the rides open but both times we did this. It's worth checking out.

Great idea. Thank you.

We've done this too, and we were staying at Boardwalk so we just walked out the back entrance and to our hotel. Best advice is what others have said - just hang around or ride a few things until crowds die down. OR if you want to get out of there, walk to one of the hotels in the Boardwalk area (Beach Club would be closest) and then take a taxi or Uber to Wilderness. Wouldn't cost much and those drivers usually know the same routes as the buses to get around traffic.

We went for New Years about 10 years ago. Didn't go on one ride, there was no way I could wait in any of those lines. We hung out around the rose and crown pub and just met and drank with tons of people who were from all over (had a great time with everyone) after the fireworks we went over to the bathrooms that are off to the side of the U.K. Pavilion and there is a convention hall back there having a huge party, maybe private or maybe a ticketed event and we walked right in I thought because it was most likely ending but we watched the band, snacked and had a few more drinks, it was still going on we we left for the buses at 1:30

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter