new with lots of ????

rlskes

DIS member
Hi everybody,

I am booked for the April 7th cruise on the Wonder. We are all excited!!! I am worried about seasickness. More so with my kids. Their ages 4 yrs and 5 1/2 months (will be just a little over 8 months at the time of the cruise). What have you all used to prevent seasickness in the younger children?

Thank you,
Kim

I can't answer you question, but welcome and hope you have a wonderful cruise!

bump

Our DS has been on the Disney cruise twice (and he's not yet 2!) and we have not had any problems with seasickness with him. Actually, the motion of the ship made him doze off quite easily--any time of day!

My DS had no problem. I asked his doctor before we left and he told us adults tend to have more problems with seasickness than children.

Thank you all for the welcome and the tips :). I am hoping the motion of the ship will HELP her sleep (seeing she is still not sleeping through the night) LOL. DH and I have enjoyed reading on this forum. So many great tips.

Thanks again!

Dramamine comes in a liquid form for kids....but I'm not sure if it is recommended for babies. Be aware, it will likely cause drowsiness, but that might not be a bad thing sometimes.

My 5 year old daughter had no problems (I did, though), but I was warned to bring ginger snaps, and that Benadryl works much the same was a dramamine does...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter