New Wedding Date - help

happylalagirl

DIS Veteran
Hi there everyone!! Well, we survived our first move together... however, many things have changed in such a short time... I met a couple who have connections at Sea World and can get me a job training the dolphins and eventually the killer whales -which has been my dream since I was 9 years old... it requires me getting my degree in Psychology. So, I decided to go back to shool... I want to finish before we are married though... this way I can continue to get financial aid and it gives us a bit more time to save for the wedding of our dreams. :cool1:

Instead of Sept. 14, 2006 we are looking at dates in Jan, Feb, March and April of 2007. Here's the thing - I am leaving the date picking up to my man because he's so picky. He said we have to get married on the 23rd or a date when the month and day add up to 23 because it's his lucky number. Anything that's happened to him with the number 23 in it has been good luck... so for example, other than the obvious 23rd of each of those months, we could do 1/22 or 2/21 or 3/20 or 4/19. I think that's all the options I have. I am planning on graduating Dec. 06. wooohoooo!!!! :banana: Anyway, I've been with Andrew for a very long time (12 years this Nov) so another 3-5 months is not a big deal to me. :) We are going to do a movie star theme. He is an aspiring actor and I always tell him how I can't wait to walk down the red carpet with him at the premier of his first movie... so, we are going to walk down a red carpet to the alter... and I was thinking of seeing if we could get some gold Oscar statues for our reception and having the entire night like an evening at the Oscars... cool, huh? :cool1:

Anyway, this has gotten a lot longer than anticipated... but I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to whether there was a better date to have it... I want to try to keep it during off peak season, but I'm not sure when peak season begins... if anyone has any info or suggestions, I'm open... I certainly have time to consider all options. :sunny: Thanks so much for all your help. I so appreciate it!!

Thanks again!
Diane :wave:

how about 02/14/07 that equals 23 that way it is special in a few ways. I dont know if you want it on a holiday??

THat is if you are including a year in that is. I hope that you find a date that you both would like :)

1/22/07 3/13/07 4/12/07 5/11/07

I'm kind of sure that your January date would be during the off peak season.

your january date is off season with crowds & value season for room rates. february is regular season plus its a holiday weekend presidents day, march & april are peak season with crowds & rates due to spring break & easter so i would stick with january if i were you or the regular season in may.

as for your hollywood theme, very cool. i would look into a mgm wedding reception at the great movie ride check out janet2k's trip report on her vow renewal or pm her for more info, her vr was awesome. as for your guests hotel block do the allstar movies, with the big stars & movie theme. for favors you could get those chocolate oscars. they even movie themed invitations online.

best of luck with your plans!

:cool1: So cool about the chocolate oscars and movie themed invitations... did you see them somewhere? I would like to check them out...

As far as dates go... I need to get my man to decide on a date between now and Wednesday. He's going to FL for 10 days and he's only going to be auditioning one day while there... so he is planning on going to do a site visit... Of course, I'll have to call Kristi Davis to set it up... lol... the date has to add up to 23 without the year... everytime we celebrate our anniversary he wants it to be 23, so we are not including the year... lol... men. :goodvibes

Thanks for your input... keep it coming. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter