New Website layout

I've been avoiding looking at it because we decided we're not booking another cruise until cruising has actually resumed. But maybe I'll go check it out just to reminisce...

It's ok, but they took away the option to compare up to three cruises 😒
Shoot! I had no idea there was even a change. I had used the comparisons ALL the time. Helpful when prices were all over the place and considering view or veranda. Also was able to see stops to decide weather which if any were worth the price of travel. I’m getting to the point where on the ship at port is my first choice. (Plus my dad won’t use a chair and that has stoped port visits) Hope they read this and if enough people say how helpful it was bring it back.

I'm not a fan, but I wasn't a fan of the previous layout, either. I wish they had a way for customers to look at a list of cruises based on the customer's priority, such as chronologically (with the dates of all cruises actually in order) or based on concierge prices. More like how airlines let you arrange the search results. The way DCL has it set up, I have to do a lot of poking around to find what I'm looking for. No big deal, though.

I just use tabs to compare cruises, but having them in a list, side by side would be nice.

What I miss is from the big change they made a few years ago... seeing what rooms are available... all of them, not just a numerical selection they want you to book first. That way, people wouldn't be calling in to book or change their rooms. They'd likely save on call center staff. There must be a reason why they want their CMs to have a touchpoint to the guest, but it alludes me when it's at this point in the sale process.

Also, would love to be able to move place holders or other cruises from one to the other without phoning. Anyone know if that's included in any of the changes?

Oh, and it would be nice to have a booking app, not just an on-board app.

I just use tabs to compare cruises, but having them in a list, side by side would be nice.

What I miss is from the big change they made a few years ago... seeing what rooms are available... all of them, not just a numerical selection they want you to book first. That way, people wouldn't be calling in to book or change their rooms. They'd likely save on call center staff. There must be a reason why they want their CMs to have a touchpoint to the guest, but it alludes me when it's at this point in the sale process.

Also, would love to be able to move place holders or other cruises from one to the other without phoning. Anyone know if that's included in any of the changes?

Oh, and it would be nice to have a booking app, not just an on-board app.
Oh my goodness, yes. Imagine how great it would be if the DCL website joined the 21st century. We could fully view stateroom availability online, change staterooms online, change cruises online, apply placeholders online, cancel online. How much easier all of that would be! Too bad the technology doesn't exist that could make that a reality...Oh.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter