New Value Resort : Disney Animation Inn & Suites - Coming 2012

bell.of.the.ball

DIS Veteran
My husband is staying at POP right now and he says that on MOnday there will be a big announcment about the unbuilt Legendary Years. Any ideas?:confused3

I'd love to hear as well.

I know that several months ago the LY topic came up and someone checked into building permits and said that none were applied for. So at that time there was nothing planned. Rumours have been going around for a long time about it eventually being finished as an all suite resort.

They should finish it and drop the prices on both of the pops to be more competitive with outside hotels. You can stay at a multi-room suite in Kiss for what a standard in pop costs.... Plus pop is always full...

I hope they do it as suites, not really because I need a suite, but I know the need is there. I was there two weeks ago and got as close as I could to take pictures and it was really depressing to see the buildings just sitting there half finished.

They should finish it and drop the prices on both of the pops to be more competitive with outside hotels. You can stay at a multi-room suite in Kiss for what a standard in pop costs.... Plus pop is always full...

If POP is always full, they don't need to drop the prices. Supply = demand.

If POP is always full, they don't need to drop the prices. Supply = demand.

Lol, that's exactly what I was going to say. Why in the world would they drop the prices if they're always full?

And why in the world why I want to stay in anywhere Kissimmee when I can stay at Pop? No thank you. Pop isn't expensive at all.

You are the second person to say this in the past couple of days. Hopefully we will know tommorow.

Actually Pop is expensive in comparison so dropping the price would steal away more people from staying outside. Opening the next section would solve the problem with being full all of the time. Disney (imho) can tolerate more value priced rooms plus it is a shame to see it sitting there unused. What ever they do it will be nice to see it being used. I hope it is true.

Anyone want to speculate? If the annoucment is suites at PoP, how long until they would be open to the public?

Actually Pop is expensive in comparison so dropping the price would steal away more people from staying outside. Opening the next section would solve the problem with being full all of the time. Disney (imho) can tolerate more value priced rooms plus it is a shame to see it sitting there unused. What ever they do it will be nice to see it being used. I hope it is true.

Expensive in comparison sure but still not expensive. But again, they don't need to price them cheaper because they run at a very high capacity.

I think they'll be a lot more like All-Star Music Resort. Some suites, some regular rooms. I think they'll have to gut a lot of the buildings that are more developed because of the lack of maintenance on them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they mention something about a re-theming as well because the Pop Century theme won't really work in the future.

My husband and I heard something similar when we were there last week. We had a CM say that they were getting ready to start work, he just didn't say what they were doing with them.

It'd be very surprising if they decided to re theme because they just spent all of that time and money updating rooms and they have that "decades" theme in the bedspreads- that and what would they do with all of the huge icons?

I guess they have their resources....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter