• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New to WISH

Octoberbeauty

Always in our hearts and in our prayers
Hi all! :) I have finally decided that it's time to get serious about losing weight. I can't stand the way I look. I'm planning to get married in August and going to Disney (official honeymoon) in December. I'd like to lose half by the wedding and all of it by my trip for a total of 70 pounds. I really need some support because my willpower stinks! I like to eat way too much! :rolleyes: I'm looking forward to being a part of this board. :goodvibes

Welcome WISHer. This is a great place to be inspired and kept accountable. There are several challenges for you this month to choose from. You've done right goal wise. Aug. isn't too far away, but you can do it! I can post you every day if you want me too, asking if you've exercised today.

One word of advise, try to keep a steady pace. Don't try and go over the top, but try not to slack either b/c I've done both. I'm getting myself back on track now, but I really screwed up.

Any way, find a fellow WISH buddy. You can revise your post advertising for one or start a new thread. Having a buddy will help keep you accountable and she can motivate, prod, encourage, etc. when you need it (vise versa).

A journal is another way of keeping track of what your doing too.

Glad to have you with us! I look forward to your posts here on the WISH forum!

Congrats on the wedding in August :thumbsup2

I am also trying VERY VERY HARD to lose weight!!! I am wanting to get a lot off before I go on vacation with my family to WDW June 5-12.

I use to be very small 15 years ago but over the years I have gained a lot. I am determined to get this weight off and it stay off this time. :sunny:

Heather

Welcome to WISH! Glad you found us.

Join in on the threads or post your own. You can do this!

:welcome: Sherry to WISH. you have found the bestest place for the support and motivation/inspiration you are looking for!

keep us posted on your successes and don't be shy to post with your struggles! you'll be amazed at how many of us need to know we are not the only ones!

can i just say one thing -- willpower shmillpower. focus on incorporating healthy habits and weaning away from the unhealthier choices and the weight will come off and you'll feel more energized, stronger, and hold your head up higher. i have to be careful of the 'diet' mindset which equals deprivation and then leads to binge. not near as effective as moderation!

have you read Dr. Phil's Weight loss book -- check it out if you library has it -- it's a very 'real' approach to making it a lifestyle change

PD and cyber high five for taking the first big step towards a healthier you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter