New to the thread

Feelslikeadream

To see through the eyes of a child....this is the
We are goin to WDW for 9 days in Nov 1-9 as a Grand Gathering, :cheer2: My MIL and I have agreed that we are going to make scrapbooks when we come home. Neither of us have ever scrapped. :confused3 ..... but we are very eager to learn and would love any ideas from the pros, what do we buy ,where ,how much, tips and trades. WE NEED TO KNOW IT ALL!!!!!! :thumbsup2 Can anyone help.!!!!! We are looking for a WDW scrapbook or a Mickey Mouse Theme. I am possitive this thread will be as helpful as all the rest!!!! :wave2:

OUR GRAND GATHERING!!!!!! NOV 1-9 POP-CENTURY party:

:hippie: Me :crazy: DH :clown: DS9 :clown: DS9 :firefight DS5 princess: DD3

:cheer2: SIL :banana: DS12 pirate: DS9 princess: DD4

:flower3: MY Mom :jester: Dad

:santa: MIL :wizard: FIL

Well, I got WDW stickers and paper, you can buy tons of stuff there. You can get a WDW album if you want, we also save things, like napkins, tickets, unused fast pass tickets, etc. I take pictures of the hotel room, the view (if you have one) the signs, etc.
You can take a journal and write the highlights of your trip.

There's a scrapbook store in dowtown disney and you can also find stuff in almost every souvenier store.

Welcome!! You are going to love it here. So many talented people, who are eager to help.
My advice would be to take a beginners class at a local scrapbook store or hobby store. Like Joann Fabrics, Michaels or Hobby Lobby. There you will get your feet wet and your creative juices flowing. If you start to think "scrapbook" before you go to Disney you will be more successful with your pics and saving of important things. Also, www.twopeasinabucket.com, is a wonderful site if you would like to look at what others have scrapped from Disney.
Remember, there is no wrong or right way to do this. Everyone has their own personal style. These are your memories--do it your way.
HTH Deb :thumbsup2

P.S. It is very important to use acid-free and lignon-free items in your books. This has to be done so that your memories last a long time. You will learn those dos and don'ts at a class.

Welcome!

If you have a Michael's nearby use your 40% or 50% coupon for the cute Mickey theme scrapbook or do a similar thing at Joann's.

As for picture-taking, hopefully someone in the group will be taking digital photos. I find myself taking more pictures and getting very creative now that I take digital pics. You might also want to hand out a few disposable cameras to the group for interesting candid photos too!

And remember it's the pictures, not the fancy stuff that makes the scrapbooks come to life!

Try to get pictures of the trip down, the airport in Orlando, the hotel rooms, the food at the meals and people in your group napping etc. And don't be shy about asking CMs and other people to snap photos of your group.

Some of my very favorite shots over the years in our scrapbooks are:
---son, 4 years old, crashed from exhaustion in a chair in the Orlando airport on return.
---me (over 50 adult) with Chip in Liberty Tree tavern
---son age 10 or so smiling with reflection of sun from water glasses
---husband, waiting to go into France film with hand on gargoyle statue (picture grumpy husband next to grumpy statue!)

And the links listed at the top of this board are super for ideas!

Have fun!!!!!! :yay:

I agree taking a class at your local Scrapbook store is a great way to start.

As for items that you will need to get started : 12 " paper trimmer, adhesive, scissors, album, and paper.

You can find some disney books, papers, embellishments, stickers at www.joanns.com You can get them on sale too. Makes it even better. Goodluck and have fun

I also recently saw that Americas Store (home shopping channel) had a whole hour devoted to Disney stuff. They had albums that were really cute! Plus there are also a few direct sales companies that would also provide information on the safe way to preserve your memories. Ditto on the acid and lignin free products. Have fun!!!

take zip lock bags or large envelopes, one for each day. Slide your paper souveniers, photos park maps, place mats, unused fast passes etc in one each day and maybe make a few notes and stick them in too. Believe me! you will be VERY glad you did this when you get home.

And I wanted to add that anything you save from the trip that isn't acid-free like meal napkins or menus or ticket stubs can either be laminated or scanned and printed onto photo-safe papers for your scrapbook. You can also just place these items in special pages by themselves in your scrapbook.

The idea of the plastic bags for each day is great. I've also used pocket folders and large manila envelopes for the same purpose.

If you pre-plan your trip by determining what parks you're visiting and end up sticking to that plan that makes keeping the itrems listed above organized.

I always put a copy of our planned itinerary with meal reservations, parks/days and cruises etc. as well as flights in our scrapbooks. Looking back at our airline ticket costs from 1990 is a real eye-popper now!

Also be sure to pick up a park event brochure for each day you are in a park so you can reconstruct parade names and shows etc. I actually pick up 2 copies to display front and back.

And I find that some of the large and small postcards sold everywhere in WDW make great scrapbook items.

Thank you for the ideas, and suggestions!!

I went last year in October, and have been buying Disney stickers, papers, etc for a year - a little at a time - However, I didnt preplan the pictures!! I do have one picture of us in the plane -

I went to the Scrapbook store by us and thought to take a class, but I really want to do a Disney page - I spent 2 hours there - TWO HOURS - and did nothing!! lol I was overwhelmed!! I organized some castle pictures trying to concentrate on doing just 2 pages with a Castle theme...

I left!!

Then I went to JoAnns and bought an 8x8 memory book scrapbook papers included, I printed 34 pictures of my new niece and 'experimented' with that!! :rotfl2:

So now I feel like I accomplished something, I'm ready to try again!! I just not sure about the ribbons and such, to add to the delight, I dont have a disney font, or color printer, so I feel I want to journal, just not sure of what to say... its all so overwhelming!!

DeborahA said:
Welcome!! You are going to love it here. So many talented people, who are eager to help.
My advice would be to take a beginners class at a local scrapbook store or hobby store. Like Joann Fabrics, Michaels or Hobby Lobby. There you will get your feet wet and your creative juices flowing. If you start to think "scrapbook" before you go to Disney you will be more successful with your pics and saving of important things. Also, www.twopeasinabucket.com, is a wonderful site if you would like to look at what others have scrapped from Disney.
Remember, there is no wrong or right way to do this. Everyone has their own personal style. These are your memories--do it your way.
HTH Deb :thumbsup2

P.S. It is very important to use acid-free and lignon-free items in your books. This has to be done so that your memories last a long time. You will learn those dos and don'ts at a class.

Do you have to be a member to view? I see the site, but cant get to themed parts...

TIA

Welcome to scrapping! :welcome: :wave2: I think that is so cool that your MIL is doing this with you. I've tried to get mine to give it a try ........ but no luck! She loves to take pictures though. Have a great time doing this together!

Yes Eeyore45 you do. But, it is very easy, you just register on the first page, it takes only a couple minutes. There is a wealth of info on that site, free fonts,and the people on the boards are very helpful. Give it a try.
Deb

Thank you Deborah -

I saw an a scrapbook magazine that www.eksuccess.com has Disney Memories - I thought it was a compilation of Disney pages, but I guess its more than that...

Do most buy things at craft stores, scapbook stores, creative memories parties, or online???

Its just so overwhelming to get the idea!!

And how much of that roller tape do you need anyway???

I am fortunate that in our area we have several well-stocked lss. We also have a Michaels, Hobby Lobby and a Super Joanns within 10 miles. I love to shop the internet, but sometimes the S & H are way too much. I have only gone to 1 Creative Memories party, they have quality items, but the scrapping "style" doesn't really mesh with mine. After you start you will begin to get the hang of things and see what supplies you need and those you can do without. I personally do not use roller tape. I prefer the photo tabs (Scrapbook Adhesives Brand), ZiG 2-way for small pieces, and Elmers scrapbook glue.
HTH
Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter