New to running - all Disney 5k events sold out?

lucky978

Mouseketeer
I'm new to running and was just starting to think of signing up for a Disney 5k but looks like they are all sold out (for the February and May events). Looks like my only hope is next November?

When does registration typically open up? Do they sell out fast?

I'm new to running and was just starting to think of signing up for a Disney 5k but looks like they are all sold out (for the February and May events). Looks like my only hope is next November?

You could check with a travel agent or charity to see if there are any spots still available. I have info on both of those things and the events in the RunDisney FAQ thread pinned to the top of this board.

I know avengers and wine and dine registration happened in April for a November race... though the registration for the September DL half should be out before this

I haven't been on for all of the weekends, but WDW Marathon Weekend 5K (early January race weekend) sold out in under 30 minutes this year. I believe the 5k sells out very quickly for all of the weekends, but I'm not sure if it's quite that fast.

Registrations usually open up about 8-9 months prior to the race weekend. You can usually find a schedule for when registrations are opening either on this board or rundisney.com when the dates become available.

They sell out quick. rundisney also does an email signup where they will email you as the event registration gets closer.

Which 5Ks are you looking at? A list of all of the available 5Ks can be found at www.runDisney.com

Registration happens months in advance - for example, the February events (Princess) had registration in June/July and the May events (Tink) had registration last week. The 5Ks do sell out quickly - they are smaller-capacity races, and they are popular for families since the age limit is lower and the distance is more manageable for newer runners. Plus, they just started having metal medals at the 5Ks, which is very exciting. :)

Darkside 5k in April is still open if you can change from a May trip to April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter