New to MDE-I have a reservation question

GinaGoVols

Earning My Ears
I made reservations today for 6 people, me and my brother's family. I did 6 single reservations- all close in times. Same with Sci-Fi (groups of 2).
It shows that the reservations are all for me (and says my reservations are overlapping). How do I fix it so it's for the other family members. My brother and sister are both listed as my family but it didn't give me the option to reserve as them (only me). What do I do?

You can add one of them to each ADR as the 2nd guest, which will mean that the ADR will show up in their MDE, but AFAIK there's no way to change the lead guest (the one managing the ADR) from yourself to someone else. That has to be done when booking the ADR, when the system asks who will manage the reservation. It defaults to you, but you can click on the box and link it to anyone else who's in your F&F list or even type in a name that's not in your F&F.

You might have to call Disney Dining and ask if they can change the lead guests on two of the ADRs and leave you as lead on just one.

So I looked today and 2 of my 3 reservations are no longer showing for Sci-Fi!!!
If it's the same on the MDE app as it is on the MDE website, you need to call, even if it means waiting on hold.

Normally, Disney's dining booking site does not let people book overlapping ADRs at the same restaurant under one name. There have been recent reports of that policy changing, but it hasn't been confirmed, so I would be concerned that Disney cancelled some of your overlapping ADRs.

In the meantime, keep trying to book for a party of 6 (then you could cancel the remaining party of 2) or a party of 4, but instead of leaving your name as the person managing the ADR, change it to someone else who's going and who has their own MDE account.

And just something to consider; the system is filling tables with these reservations so if you booked 6 single or double ADRS the computer is likely on putting one each as a "hitch hiker" with other families. The reason you can't find a party of six would be that they have already committed the cars to other families.

That means when you show up they could tell you they can not seat you together OR you have to wait to see if a time frame opens where they could work you between parties. There just is no guarantee they will seat you together. Since you are two I would be prepared to sit as twos, so hopefully your ages work to do that. If sitting together is a must, then I'd be looking for a party of 6, the system there is just very rigid.

I called and they said since they overlap they aren't viewble on MDE but she said all 3 show up so as long as I have my confirmation it would be ok. Weird because my Oga's are all showing even though they are anywhere from 5 to 45 mins overlapping.

I called and they said since they overlap they aren't viewble on MDE but she said all 3 show up so as long as I have my confirmation it would be ok. Weird because my Oga's are all showing even though they are anywhere from 5 to 45 mins overlapping.
As @HopperFan says, there are no guarantees you'll be seated together, so make sure everyone is there 10-15 minutes before the earliest reservation, and check in all three reservations in person at the same time, to have the best chance of being near each other. Good luck!

Oga's is quite different from Sci-Fi in that there are relatively few seats at Oga's. Most guests are placed at standing tables, so it's probably easier for them to combine people from multiple ADRs into one location. At Sci-Fi, the cars have seats for 2 people in the front, 2 in the middle, and 2 in the back of the same car. Parties of 2 are usually placed in the back seat, behind a party of 4. Very different.

As @HopperFan says, there are no guarantees you'll be seated together, so make sure everyone is there 10-15 minutes before the earliest reservation, and check in all three reservations in person at the same time, to have the best chance of being near each other. Good luck!

Oga's is quite different from Sci-Fi in that there are relatively few seats at Oga's. Most guests are placed at standing tables, so it's probably easier for them to combine people from multiple ADRs into one location. At Sci-Fi, the cars have seats for 2 people in the front, 2 in the middle, and 2 in the back of the same car. Parties of 2 are usually placed in the back seat, behind a party of 4. Very different.
Yeah Oga's is weird. I think of it less of a dining ADR and more of an attraction ADR, some a single ride line. They load you in the restaurant as folks come out. So when they arrive they tell them you are together and they likely won't load in until there is room for them to enter at same time. Depending on open space they might load smaller groups behind you until a big spot opens at bar etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter