New to Boards, Last Minute trip - Please help

fun4all4

Earning My Ears
Hi All!

I am new to the boards, but not to Disney - this will be my 10th trip to WDW (8th in the past 15 years or so as I seem to average about once every 2 years). We are a family of 4 - me, DH, and 2 sons, 17 and 15, but just DS2 and I will be going on this last-minute trip. :cool1:

So, usually I spend months planning, organizing ADR's, etc.. BUT just booked last night to leave in 2 weeks. We will be staying at Coronado Springs for the first time (March 5-9). We are pretty flexible and know most of what we want to do and see as far as attractions. Just could use some quick advice on a couple of things as I am pressed for time and don't have much time to put this together or research.

My main questions at the moment as I know things change all the time at Disney (like restaurants, policies, etc...):

1. EPCOT dining...I know I'm gonna have to get lucky when I call. Have eaten at MANY of the restaurants, but hoping to try a few I've never been to. What are current favs for TS at EPCOT - would like to try Le Cellier but know that will be a long shot. What about Rose and Crown? I've always liked Marakesh at Morocco, is it still good? Reluctant to try Italian or Chinese or Mexico as can get at home, but we love pretty much everything. So, I guess just hoping for 2-3 current good choices for dining in World Showcase. I don't need much breakfast, am always happy with a wrap, salad or whatever for CS lunch, but do like to sit down to a nice dinner.

2.Disney website is a bit slow and I'm having trouble finding everything... partiularly - how to find what attractions currently closed for renovation/updating/repairs? Also, times for parades/shows? I have found the opening/closing calendar with EMH's. I feel like I must be staring right at it and can't find it! :confused3

3. Downtown Disney - never really spent much time here. Thinking of going to La Nouba...I know we'd love it, but not sure I want to spend the extra $ so would welcome input. Also, dining at DTD... Raglan's? Portobello? T-Rex? Help!

I truly appreciate any help you all can offer as I rush to put this together and begin to familiarize myself with disboards. :thumbsup2

LUCKY!!!! There is a thread on the board Mom of 2 picky kids and she reviews IN_DEPTH restaurants they have tried - take a look for that! The new chinese at Epcot is nice, service was excellent my kids didn't care for there kids meals. Comprehensive info at www.allears. Have a great time with your sonI think the LaNouba would be a nice addition to the trip, even if you cut back on other sit downs to do it. We always book a character and a TS each day - the kids aren't eating and it waste lots of valuable time on quick trips or us anyway. Let us know how it goes!!)

Thanks. I found the refurbishment closures and parade/show times on allears!

So far I've secured an ADR for Friday night at Portobello YC at DTD after 6pm show of La Nouba (haven't bought tix yet). Good or should I switch to Raglan's?

Also made an ADR at Rose and Crown for Saturday night before Illuminations...Le Cellier sold out, no surprise. Is R & C a good choice or should I switch to something else? We are not picky at all about type, but are picky about quality - prefer adventurous dining that we cannot get at home.

Hoped for a California Grill ADR for Sunday night, but earliest time is 9:35 pm so I held off for now. That leaves an open night - anything else to consider? Have been to Citrico's, Flying Fish, Yachtsman, Artist Point, etc... Maybe Narcoosee's? The Wave? O'Hana (was there a long time ago)?

We've done many character meals, but have decided to skip this trip.

We really loved Portobello @ our girls only trip! Your DS may like the wood oven pizza I had some fabu-lous pasta there! Haven't been to R&C but want to try we are also adventrous diners! I'd keep the ressie and try for LeCellier while your there (always last minute cancels or no-shows). Coral Reef was cool also?!?!?!? Cal Grill would be neat if hooks up with fireworks even if you go up early?!?!?!?

17.gif

I suggest that you go to our Disney Restaurants Board and ask for their opinions about your dining choices. You will very likely get much quicker and better responses.

Thanks for the welcome and suggestions!

I will spend a little time later on the Dining board.

Given the time crunch, I have made ADR's at Portobello (after our La Nouba show - got great seats for the 6 pm show on Friday evening), Rose and Crown, and The Wave. May make a change or two based on further research, but I feel pretty happy with these dinner choices for now.

And, we are soooo excited for this trip - it's been a busy and stressful time with work, kids' activities, cold weather, etc.. and it is so nice to have something to look forward to in a couple of weeks!! :yay:

Adventurous Dining at Epcot is what we went for. Teppan Edo is suppose to be like Benihana, they cook your food in front of you like a show. I haven't been to Teppan, but I have been to Benihana and we took our four year old, he loved it. La Cellier I found easier getting a lunch ADR.

Hope you have fun!

:welcome:

to the DIS!!!

And yes I found TONS of GREAT info on the dining board, have fun!!!

Welcome to DISboards. This is a great source of info and I'm sure you'll find answers to all of your questions. May you have a great time in your upcoming trip.

Have a nice and fun planning. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter