New Studio/New DISU

KC Mouse

Mouseketeer
I appreciate all the hard work your team is putting into in revitalizing the DISU product. Your updates on the new studio and it's recent unveiling have provided hope in a show that better reflects the needs of its viewers. In that vein I would hope to the inclusion of the "out of towner" perspective. I would venture than most of your viewers are indeed living outside the Orlando area and only travel a few times a year. The difference in perspective is significant. I certainly understand that Ryno and Craig will experience the parks with a different set of expectations, we must also consider those that experience the Disney magic once or twice a year.

The biggest weakness of the current team's perspective is that it is perceived as cynical or jaded. The constant comparison to Disneyland also detract from the value of the Disney World experience. Considering the vlog is supported by the Dreams Unlimited Travel company it seems self destructive to continue negative comparisons. A rotating cast of "out of towners" weighing in on topics would add a credible depth to the discussion and take some of the heat off the current cast. If these "out of towner" guests report the same negative experiences, it would only serve to validate the perspectives of the current cast members.

I do hope this post serves to further the discussion and is not seen as a simple criticisms of the current cast. I truly love and appreciate the views and effort that Craig, Ryno and the rest of the team produce. Please consider my suggestion with a grain of salt.

When we are fully up and running, the upside of the new studio is being able to bring in this perspective because we're not inviting people over to someone's house who is very particular about people they don't know. This will require people taking time out of their vacations to be part of it so I don't know if we will be successful, but we are open to it.

I'm delighted to hear there might be some "guest appearances" in the future! Could make for some compelling perspectives and discussion!

Considering the vlog is supported by the Dreams Unlimited Travel company it seems self destructive to continue negative comparisons.
Actually, one of the things I loved about the podcast was their willingness to call out bad decisions by Disney. They did that despite the possible impact on their business.

When we are fully up and running, the upside of the new studio is being able to bring in this perspective because we're not inviting people over to someone's house who is very particular about people they don't know. This will require people taking time out of their vacations to be part of it so I don't know if we will be successful, but we are open to it.
That would be an amazing addition to the show. Possibly ground breaking, if navigated properly. I can't tell you how appreciative your fans are to hear your openness to our suggestions. I can't speak for everyone but I know that "KC Mouse" would be overjoyed to drop by and discuss the KC perspective of WDW.
Thanks again for your consideration.

I'm delighted to hear there might be some "guest appearances" in the future! Could make for some compelling perspectives and discussion!
It could revitalize the entire program. Add some new blood and shake up the statuesque.

Actually, one of the things I loved about the podcast was their willingness to call out bad decisions by Disney. They did that despite the possible impact on their business.
I do not disagree with that statement. The DIS team has been very helpful in helping vacationers discern the best use of their time and money. I suppose I had better explain my meaning behind my original statement. Let's use the recent review of the Sassagula Floatworks and Food Factory as an example. The team selected several dishes that exemplified the Cajon inspired food at this food court. As they explored their selections they presented a review that exposed weaknesses and made recommendations based on their experience. The only problem is in how often they experience Disney dinning. The average out of towner spends their Disney vacation, in the parks, pool and public. Did you see what I did there? That's three words beginning with the letter "p" to validate my statement. I digress. Their perspective is going to be significantly different. After a day in the parks vacationers are looking for an enjoyable facsimile of the real thing and do not require the level of quality desired by the team. In other words, "Give me my micky shaped carbohydrates and sugar and leave me alone!" It's a food court after all, not four start restaurant.

I hope this clarification helps to explain my concern. OKW Lover, I truly enjoy your input on the boards and look forward to other conversations.

The average out of towner spends their Disney vacation, in the parks, pool and public. Did you see what I did there? That's three words beginning with the letter "p" to validate my statement. I digress. Their perspective is going to be significantly different. After a day in the parks vacationers are looking for an enjoyable facsimile of the real thing and do not require the level of quality desired by the team. In other words, "Give me my micky shaped carbohydrates and sugar and leave me alone!" It's a food court after all, not four start restaurant

I don't agree with this. It's also money and I don't want to waste my money eating something that just isn't good. I do expect quality when I order stuff. It's why I don't order a burger inside the parks, I know I can get a better one at DS or a resort. But I also don't want to waste my money figuring that out.

I also trust their opinions because of how long they've been eating on site. We're able to figure out from their reviews what they like, what they don't and where they'd rather eat as a reliable way to learn from the review. I don't care what someone I don't know thinks because I have nothing to base their tastes off of. A lot of people giving a similar review on the boards is more helpful than a one off.

I don't agree with this. It's also money and I don't want to waste my money eating something that just isn't good. I do expect quality when I order stuff. It's why I don't order a burger inside the parks, I know I can get a better one at DS or a resort. But I also don't want to waste my money figuring that out.

I also trust their opinions because of how long they've been eating on site. We're able to figure out from their reviews what they like, what they don't and where they'd rather eat as a reliable way to learn from the review. I don't care what someone I don't know thinks because I have nothing to base their tastes off of. A lot of people giving a similar review on the boards is more helpful than a one off.
I am sorry but I validated my statement with three consecutive words starting with the same letter. Discussion over...mike drop.

I see your point but I disagree with their assessment in many of their reviews. Their expectations are too high for amusement park food. This particular review was highly contested. A hotel food court is not going to be comparable to real New Orleans gumbo. It is ridicules to even try. That is also why I do not eat BBQ at EPCOT. I am from Kansas City, why would I even compare the protein based slop suggested when I can walk over to my neighbors house for some real BBQ?

I would also make the argument that you don't know what you would enjoy until you try it. We recently dinned at the French Quarter and had a fantastic French Dip sandwich along with some French fries. We know they are legit because "French" is in the actual title of the food. You have to do your homework people!

I am sorry but I validated my statement with three consecutive words starting with the same letter. Discussion over...mike drop.

I see your point but I disagree with their assessment in many of their reviews. Their expectations are too high for amusement park food. This particular review was highly contested. A hotel food court is not going to be comparable to real New Orleans gumbo. It is ridicules to even try. That is also why I do not eat BBQ at EPCOT. I am from Kansas City, why would I even compare the protein based slop suggested when I can walk over to my neighbors house for some real BBQ?

I would also make the argument that you don't know what you would enjoy until you try it. We recently dinned at the French Quarter and had a fantastic French Dip sandwich along with some French fries. We know they are legit because "French" is in the actual title of the food. You have to do your homework people!

I've never even dipped a toe in a Disney pool, your 3 P's aren't what you think they are. Also not sure what it has to do with it. ADR's wouldn't be a thing with some hard to get if people weren't eating. We all have to eat.

I have tried the burgers in the park, they aren't good.

We should have expectations for the food to be better than an amusement park. For one there's way more variety and Disney is far above an amusement park.

Food reviews are always going to be problematic and foods one of the most "argued" about things on the dis. It's an opinion, they can compare it to whatever they want which is generally going to be the same or similar dish they've had elsewhere, it's part of how you connect to the audience. Saying it tastes great whether on video or in writing just isn't sufficient for reviews and has been a complaint about reviews before.

They'll never make everyone happy but consistency among who is reviewing food let's those watching, or reading if an article, is how the audience can learn to interpret the review and how much stock they want to put in it.

I'll keep watching to see what places I may want to add to my next trip knowing I'm not likely to waste money on my choices based on their reviews.

I do not disagree with that statement. The DIS team has been very helpful in helping vacationers discern the best use of their time and money. I suppose I had better explain my meaning behind my original statement. Let's use the recent review of the Sassagula Floatworks and Food Factory as an example. The team selected several dishes that exemplified the Cajon inspired food at this food court. As they explored their selections they presented a review that exposed weaknesses and made recommendations based on their experience. The only problem is in how often they experience Disney dinning. The average out of towner spends their Disney vacation, in the parks, pool and public. Did you see what I did there? That's three words beginning with the letter "p" to validate my statement. I digress. Their perspective is going to be significantly different. After a day in the parks vacationers are looking for an enjoyable facsimile of the real thing and do not require the level of quality desired by the team. In other words, "Give me my micky shaped carbohydrates and sugar and leave me alone!" It's a food court after all, not four start restaurant.

I hope this clarification helps to explain my concern. OKW Lover, I truly enjoy your input on the boards and look forward to other conversations.
Stay in touch of course and hopefully, we can work it out in the future!

However, I do have to disagree with you. You might be correct about how often we visit Walt Disney World, but we all still vacation to Disneyland and other destinations around the world. I do know what you mean about that hunger you get when you are so tired that anything edible will do the trick. I've certainly experienced that, but even on a Disneyland day when I'm there from rope drop to 12 am closing, I expect more out of my food. If I'm paying money for something, even if it's quick service, I want good quality and decent portions.

WDW and DLR have become destinations where people come solely for eating, drinking, and casual vacations. Universal is about to build a theme park that has a lot of the same concepts. If we're wrong and the majority of the public is okay with overpaying for something lacking quality then I'd rather be on the wrong side of this.

Stay in touch of course and hopefully, we can work it out in the future!

However, I do have to disagree with you. You might be correct about how often we visit Walt Disney World, but we all still vacation to Disneyland and other destinations around the world. I do know what you mean about that hunger you get when you are so tired that anything edible will do the trick. I've certainly experienced that, but even on a Disneyland day when I'm there from rope drop to 12 am closing, I expect more out of my food. If I'm paying money for something, even if it's quick service, I want good quality and decent portions.

WDW and DLR have become destinations where people come solely for eating, drinking, and casual vacations. Universal is about to build a theme park that has a lot of the same concepts. If we're wrong and the majority of the public is okay with overpaying for something lacking quality then I'd rather be on the wrong side of this.
I agree with most of your assessments. Yet can we honestly compare Disneyland with Disney World? I do believe Ryno once said that they were like comparing a boutique lager with a Bud Light. Both are nice in the right context but completely different.

I agree also that people do come to WDW for eating, drinking and casual vacations but do you feel that resort food courts are what they have in mind during these type of vacations? I would venture no. Universal is about to build a theme park and yes I do think WDW will lose some market shares to this competitor and they need to up their game.

As far as overpaying is concerned, I think we are paying for what we expect. For example a bottle of Coke is $4.40 at the resort, when it is $2:50 at the local gas station. That's a tremendous price difference. Now consider their Gumbo $10.99, comparable to the beacon of all things cajon Popeyes. The price difference is not significant.

With that being said, I do not disagree with your entire review. Just a few of the less important points. The King Cake is terrible. But honestly, the most delectable February treat are the blue snowman cookies left over from the Christmas party. I do believe they are still being served at Cosmic Rays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter