NEW speaker's list and other DCL events!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle

<font color=darkgreen><i>"It's like Lord of the Fl
Here is the latest information I have regarding onboard speakers on the Magic. They will participate in the "Disney Behind the Scenes" adult programming:

* October 6 - Leslie Iwerks, an author with Disney Publishing, and the granddaughter of Ub Iwerks
* October 13 - ESPN Anchor Trey Wingo
* November 3 - Noted Walt Disney Company artist, Ralph Kent

Other Upcoming Events:

* 10/27 and 10/28 cruises - annual Halloween costume contest.
* Early November - premier at sea of Monsters Inc. (after national release on 11/2).
* November 18 - celebration of Mickey's birthday where guests will have the opportunity to sign a very special birthday card that will be presented to Mickey Mouse.
* November 22 - Thanksgiving cruise will feature a traditional turkey dinner. Also, holiday décor will be installed at the terminal and the ships starting just prior to Thanksgiving and should be fully in place shortly after the Thanksgiving holiday.
* February 28, 2002 - Roger Ebert and Richard Roeper will be sailing on the Disney Wonder for their second annual film festival at sea.

For those interested in RELIGIOUS SERVICES who are on holiday sailings:
* Hanukkah - Rabbi Barry Axler will be sailing on the Disney Magic for both the 12/8 and 12/15 voyages. Rabbi Ari Englehart will be sailing on the Disney Wonder for the 12/9 and 12/13 voyages.
* Christmas - A Catholic priest will sail with the Disney Magic on the 12/22 voyage and on the Disney Wonder for the 12/23 voyage. Both priests will conduct a Catholic Mass plus an inter-denominational service onboard.
* Ash Wednesday (2/13/02) - A Catholic priest will be aboard both ships to conduct a Catholic Mass and inter-denominational service.

Thanks Michelle - but you missed my sailing! :)

I'll just have to be surprised. I'd love to be on the 13th with Trey Wingo - that would be fun (my wife might disagree).

Sorry, Scott! I think that the summer sailings have the majority of the "extra special" guest speakers, but hopefully there will be someone of interest to you on your cruise as well! :)

Michelle,
Thank you for the information. Any way to influence Disney to recruit a Catholic priest for their 7 day cruises on a regular basis and not just holidays? I was very disappointed that there was no opportunity to go to Mass, since Saturday and Sunday were both "at sea" days. We did speak to our parish priest and attended Mass on the Friday before we sailed, but that really doesn't take the place of Sunday Mass for a Catholic. (And, it is a shame for the Catholic CM's.)

Any suggestions on who to contact?
Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi Michelle,

Any special events going on for the January 27 sailing? Also, is there a site to go to (possibly the Disney one) to find out what, if anything, is going on or do we have to wait until we board and be surprised?

Thanks!

SingingMom, my best advice is to put your comments on the Guest Comment cards that you get at the end of the cruise. DCL definitely reads those very carefully. If it's too late for that, I suggest e-mailing DCL through the e-mail link on their website. They will route it to the appropriate person.

SeaShelley, I don't have any other information on January events, sorry! Only certain sailings have the "special" guest speakers but every sailing is filled with events and adult programming series with speakers on various topics. I'm sure you'll be happily surprised once you board.

Enjoy! :)

Thanks Michelle,

One more thing to look forward to! 66 days and counting! Are the speakers included in the fare or are they extra?

All of the entertainment and activities on board (except for a wine tasting session) are free! :)

No, unfortunately I don't! I haven't heard anything from DCL regarding speakers in quite a while.

I'm going to lock this now so that people don't get confused, since it's such an old post. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter