New Song in The Little Mermaid - "Scuttlebutt"

Scootin'By

DIS Veteran
I saw The Little Mermaid in theatres last weekend with my daughter and we both loved it! I especially loved Awkwafina as Scuttle. I thought she brought fresh energy, laughs, and stole every scene she was in (I love every movie with Awkwafina!).

Now I'm reading that some people didn't like the new song that her character performs, "Scuttlebutt." It has a great beat and is super funny. I really liked it and thought it was right up there with some of the original songs from Cruella. I'm going to buy the soundtrack mostly for this song!

What did you all think about it?

We saw the movie today. For the record, we LOVED the movie!! I thought the song was cute. I didn't remember most of the songs from the original so honestly until your post didn't realize it was new! 😁

I even cried a little towards the end of the movie!

Your serious?

Everything else aside that song is absolutely terrible, I thought it was a joke when I heard a preview of it ...

The skuttlebutt song is the source of many Disney jokes and memes right now, I would guess your take is certainly in the minority for most of the audiences.

I hate it. It takes the energy out of the drama we are in and gives a feeling: it is Lin Manuel Miranda so people will be disappointed if there is no rap song.

It adds nothing.

I hate it. It takes the energy out of the drama we are in and gives a feeling: it is Lin Manuel Miranda so people will be disappointed if there is no rap song.

It adds nothing.
I can see that POV. It really is near the dramatic crescendo and does interrupt the flow a little bit.

I still like it though 😆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter