New school bread??

PrincessMama605

DIS Veteran
I saw a recent picture of the new school bread and was suprised....when did they change it? I tried it for the first time back in Sept and I loved it. So now you can only get the new kind with caramel? Is it as good as before?

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I haven't been on here much lately.

They changed it very recently; it was white when I was at Disney. I don't think they have both the old and new one.

They only have the new one now. Don't worry it is very good, but I can't compare the two b/c I've only had the new type.

I will try it when we go back, but I am disappointed that they changed it. I have been dreaming about school bread, it was so good.

Last month they have just the new one but it tastes like the old one and the coconut is not toasted it just looks that way because of the caramel.

Back in June, Aug and Oct I have noticed that the roll is spiced now, like with a nutmeg or allspice or something, you can see the little brown flakes in the dough....do not like that at all, I prefer the old one.

You can get it in Norway at the Kringla Bakery.

It is soooo good. I had 3 on our last trip :love:

I tried the "new" schoolbread for the first time last month. We LOVED it. We had it three times during our trip and went out of our way to buy it. Sad to hear that it's smaller than the old schoolbread though.

I am a traditionalist. I loved :love: the original. This one, eh, not a fan

bummer that they changed it :(

Loved the old schoolbread, had the new one just a few weeks ago. It's still good, but much smaller than the old one and a little different in taste.

Had the new one for the first time on Saturday the taste in difference is slight in my opinion but it is definitely way smaller!

I put school bread in the same category as dole whips and tonga toast, OK, but incredibly over rated

I went in very skeptical about it when we tried it last year. I feared it had been overhyped. But it was sooooo good! I was excited to make it a tradition, but now that it changed, I am so bummed! I am not a fan of caramel- flavored icings (like on a cruller, or other maple-y stuff), so if that icing changed, I am afraid I won't like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter