New Sail Away Party?

darnheather

DIS Veteran
I've seen rumors of a new sail away party beginning February 3 but don't see a thread here yet. Did I overlook it? Does anyone have more information?

I saw Scott Sanders tweet about it (disneycruiselineblog). I hope it’s true as I’m a little bored of the last one.

It's posted on the DCL Blog.

At the moment it's confirmed to be on the Disney Wonder from at least Feb 3. It will be interesting to see if/when it will roll out to the rest of the fleet. The current sail away celebration is definitely outdated.

We are sailing 2/7 and received an email yesterday about the new party. Here is the email:

We look forward to your arrival and want to let you know about a brand new deck party that will occur during your sailing.

Mickey's Sail-A-Wave Deck Party is a high-energy countdown celebration happening aboard the beautiful Disney Wonder on embarkation day! Immediately following the mandatory Assembly Drill, Guests are invited to "wave" goodbye to work and school, and say hello to the vacation everyone has been dreaming about. Guests will have the opportunity to make a special craft (Mickey hand) during Open House in the Youth Activity areas that can be utilized during this fun-filled Sail-A-Wave celebration featuring Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald on decks 9 and 10.

In addition, Guests are invited to dress up and Disney Bound as their favorite Disney character for the celebration. Disney Bounding is a way for fans to show their love of Disney by dressing up in everyday outfits that are simply inspired by a particular character. It is a lot a fun and we hope you will join in.

Thank you again for sailing with us. We look forward to providing you with an exceptional cruise experience.

It's posted on the DCL Blog.

At the moment it's confirmed to be on the Disney Wonder from at least Feb 3. It will be interesting to see if/when it will roll out to the rest of the fleet. The current sail away celebration is definitely outdated.

Do they normally have the same parties on all ships? I'll be on the Fantasy in May and this sounds like lots of fun!

I wonder if the change will depend on when there is cast changeover for the entertainment (shows, characters) cast since they come and go as a team. That would make sense to me since they could rehearse the new show as part of their rehearsal process in Toronto before embarking - it's pretty hard for them to learn and rehearse a whole new show while on board.

We have 2 upcoming cruises on the Wonder. Very disappointed. A rush at the kids club to make paper hands? Disney Bounding? Bad ideas. Refreshing the classic and returning the fre streamers would be a lot better.

What's wrong with Disney Bounding? It's just wearing regular clothes to kind of resemble characters.

We have 2 upcoming cruises on the Wonder. Very disappointed. A rush at the kids club to make paper hands? Disney Bounding? Bad ideas. Refreshing the classic and returning the fre streamers would be a lot better.
I see how the hands could possibly be stressful. I am sure that as you get to your second Wonder cruise you will find the kinks worked out and the “hands” process will flow more easily. But your second cruise if you don’t see a pre-made paper hand available for everybody I’d be surprised.
As for Disney Bounding, you most likely already have things in your wardrobe. My family has not realized that they have been “Disney Bounded” the first day of every cruise. Every cruise we wear red white and blue which are the nautical colors that Disney uses for their characters on the first day.
I’d be happy to talk over Disney Bounding ideas over a PM with anyone with questions. I had my 75-year-old dad dressed Disney Bound every day of our Alaska cruise and he
never
even
knew! :smickey:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter