New Restaurant Rumor or Fact?

kbelic

Earning My Ears
Has anyone heard a rumor, that Disney is opening a new restaurant? Similar to the Rain Forest Cafe, but Dinosaur themed with volcanos and geysers?
Thanks for any info.

Yep, it is dinosaur themed, run by Landry's, and supposedly going in at Downtown Disney, I think.

This rumor was out when they announced Yak & Yeti at AK, but haven't seen any new info on it for a long time.

Yes...Rumor has it located in the Marketplace between The Lego Store/McDonalds and Pleasure Island.

We just ate at the TRex in Kansas City - near the Great Wolfe Lodge. We have been to the Rainforest Cafe and enjoy looking around, but we hate eating there because the food is too expensive, lousy, and the service is horrible or nonexistant. I was afraid Trex would be the same deal. I was presently surpised when we ate at TRex - it is done just like a Rainforest Cafe, although in dino style. The food was terrific, decent prices, and the service was excellent. I dont know if this is due to better management or something else, but we loved it so much we went back the next night.

I agree, RFC used to have some great food,prices until Landrys bought them.

We just ate at the TRex in Kansas City - near the Great Wolfe Lodge. We have been to the Rainforest Cafe and enjoy looking around, but we hate eating there because the food is too expensive, lousy, and the service is horrible or nonexistant. I was afraid Trex would be the same deal. I was presently surpised when we ate at TRex - it is done just like a Rainforest Cafe, although in dino style. The food was terrific, decent prices, and the service was excellent. I dont know if this is due to better management or something else, but we loved it so much we went back the next night.

I live in Kansas City and we have RFC and T-Rex. We never go to RFC because it's too expensive and the food is not that great, and the service is awful. Last time we went just for dessert, they sat us way in the back next to this big steamy pool. It was so humid back there, I couldn't breathe! The place was nearly empty and I asked to be moved away from the humidity. They tried to move me to the NEXT TABLE! Hello... that doesn't help. Then they served us cheesecake that was still frozen. Yuck.

In contrast, we went to the T-Rex Cafe last winter. It was fabulous! The place is very busy, I can't even imagine how busy it will be when the DTD one is built. We waited 2 hours for a table. Luckily, they have a huge store and an area where the kids can play on computers, explore a "cave" and do a "dino dig" site - of course for an extra charge. We didn't do that, but enjoyed watching other kids do it. The theming was great, the place is huge, and the food was pricey but excellent. Well worth it. It would fit in very well with Disney, although I wouldn't go to the DTD one since we have it right here at home. They definitely DO have plans to build a T-Rex Cafe in DTD, but there is no timeline at the moment as to when it will arrive.

I think we might have to go back sometime soon, now I'm craving a big dino steak!

Wow! Thanks for all the quick info. I called Landry's corp. office today. They said that yes, they are building a T-Rex restaurant in Downtown Disney, and that it should be complete by the end of 2008. Can't wait to try it out.

Landry's recently purchased a majority in the T-Rex Cafe. If you go to the T-Rex web site, you'll see that there is a "Coming Soon" reference to Downtown Disney.

http://www.trexcafe.com/Main/Findus.html

It has been like that for a long time, however.

The food doesn't look all that exciting to me. Mostly ordinary stuff with goofy names. Plus if it's going to be in DTD, I'm sure it will be overpriced.

"Rumor has it located in the Marketplace between The Lego Store/McDonalds and Pleasure Island."

That is exactly where it is going in at.

After looking at the menu, nothing earthshattering. What is it with every place offering tomato basil soup. It seemed to pop up about 2 years ago and now all of the casual chains are offering it.

Does anyone know when T-Rex is supposed to open. We have a trip planned in May so Im hopeing it will be before then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter