New Resort Island Club West?

montessori

<font color=green>I just pack it all and then brin
Hello all!
Has anyone stayed at or heard about Island Club West?

Thanks!

Mary Ann in beautiful South Florida :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Hi Elle,
I couldn't email you.
This is my situation. I am looking for someplace for Christmas week. I'd like a villa, someplace with more room than a standard hotel room, but not a house. We like the resort atmosphere and a nice restaurant and lounge on the premises. Looking for someplace not quite so child oriented. Also, close to Disney! Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Mary Ann :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Hi Mary Ann! We have ressies for a 2BR unit at Island Club West for May 24th - 28th. I would also like to speak to someone who has stayed there. It sounds great: brand new, good location, large units. We booked thru Hotel Kingdom and I also spoke to someone at the resort itself. Was wondering if there is daily maid service? The resort said yes, Hotel Kingdom said they weren't sure. BTW - we live in Sunny South Florida too!

Hi Swimmommie! :p
This resort really does look nice. I've been searching these boards but I guess there aren't any reports on it. So. it's up to you to try it first and give a report!
I haven't called the resort yet and the email address I see on the website doesn't work. I was wondering about maid service too, and if most of the facilities are open.
We usually stay at a Disney resort, I have reservations at French Quarter for Christmas week.
I am having a really difficult time choosing another resort, but I do want more space than the hotel room.
I hope your vacation is fantastic and I look forward to hearing about it.

Today is truly a beautiful day here in South Florida!

Mary Ann:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Hi Mary Ann! I called the resort two weeks ago and spoke to a young man at the front desk. He said that only the pool and basketball court are open at this time. I asked about maid service and he assured me that there is daily maid service (even though Hotel Kingdom says they are not sure). I asked for a rate and the resort quoted me a much higher rate then Hotel Kingdom so I think I'm getting a great deal. I will post a report when I get back and let you know all about it!

Hi,
It depends on the rates you get when you go,it is perfectly acceptable but not for loads of money, if you are up in the $80 - $130 per night range I would plump for Emerald Island Resort or Wyndham Palms.
I am slightly biased because I own on Emerald Island but even so I would recommend Island Club West for the right price.
I do not think you will get a maid service, although it depends on who you have booked with, some companies get their own cleaners in each day.
The facilities are nice but the surroundings compared to the ones I mentioned above are not.
If you like the "Resort" type feel you would enjoy all 3 of these resorts.
I would estimate that I C W is about 20 minutes away from Disney.
If you are used to staying in a Hotel room, the extra space you get in these places will knock you sideways!!
Hope that helps, if not PM or E-mail me.
Elle

Bumping up to see if anyone else has any info on this resort.:confused:

hi there there is a good site, discounthotels.cc which has this property at really good rates depending on the size and date but also states a cleaninf fee of $25-$50 for 5 nights or less this place looks really nice so its worth checking it out hope this helps in some way keep us posted.
margaret.

Thanks for the reply Margaret! I got a great rate thru Hotel Kingdom but I will check out that other website. I also think this place looks great. We don't care about the amenities not being completed, we just want someplace new and large where we can spread out. I will post a report when we get back.

I saw the following paragraph on a message board, written on April 21, 2002:

This depends, if you want to enjoy your vacation, stay away from this unfinished resort, don't believe a thing on the web sites, you will end up being a statistic like many have at this unfinished resort. They are not finished..i.e. no blinds in villa until evening, of check-in day, also, no TV...this could go on and on, but a warning to the wise, stay away from here until next year at the earliest!

Sounds like this person actually stayed there. Since we haven't heard from anyone else who has, I thought I should pass it along.
:confused:

:sunny:

We went to WDW in Feb and had made reservations at ICW thru Hotel Kingdom. When we got thru with our rental car check out, we called ICW to get directions from the airport and reconfirm since our flight was 6 hours late. they gave us directions and we headed out. After driving up and down, I think it was 27 for what felt like forever, we called again to recheck on the directions. At that point the person at the front desk said yes those were the right directions--same guy we spoke with originally, but that he didn't have anyone who had a reservation who hadn't checked in. We gave him our info and he said no, didn't have a reservation and wasn't sure he could find a three bedroom, MAYBE he could come up with a two bedroom. Well, we weren't pleased but hey it was one a.m. and we needed to sleep. Continued to try and find the street he told us to turn on. We never did find it and gave up--went to Vistana Resort where we had stayed before and they honored the hotel Kingdom rate after I told her my sob story, even though they had shown up on Hotel Kingdom as being sold out.

I must say however, that Hotel Kingdom was very prfessional and easy to work with. Apologized profusely and immed refunded all charges and assured us that if a charge from ICW showed up they would take care of reversing it. Our ressie DID show up in the Hotel Kingdom system still as being confirmed with ICW. So I didn't stay there, but I'd obviously be a little wary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter