New policy for outside vendor delivery procedures

Seems like for now this does not affect trailer vendors. Guessing that eventually it will.

I just have this crazy feeling that they are signaling other things coming. Call it "Distuition" 8-)

From what I am reading on the other boards here on the Dis no more holding grocery deliveries and packages at bell services. You can still get deliveries but HAVE to be there to get them.

@Corgidad , Do you have any information on this?

From what I am reading on the other boards here on the Dis no more holding grocery deliveries and packages at bell services. You can still get deliveries but HAVE to be there to get them.

I can just "imagine" that Walt and Roy had this discussion so many years ago ----

WALT ---- "Hey there, Hi there, Ho there Roy, I had a dream that we let OUTSIDE VENDORS drop off their wears and have our employees use some of the time we are paying them to work for us handle all these things until our guests come to pick up what-ever it is, and if the items are something we have to offer our guests but it is less of a cost, sounds good to me. What do you think?"

ROY ---- "Wish upon a Star and your dreams will come true. Especially at the Fort where the guest only has to pay for our campsite and then have a RV delivered and FOR SURE do not need them to stay in one of our cabins.

@2goofycampers I do not but will check with my very reliable sources and report back. Just my opinion on this as far as packages we already pay $6 to have a package delivered to the Fort, groceries the guest looks like will have to be present to accept them and the scooters the same way. I know there have been times when I went up to the Outpost lobby and there have been 15/20 scooters all around the back door. I guess Disney thought that for every one of those a CM had to come out and give the scooter to the guest and do the paperwork involved, for that many scooters that is time consuming for the CM's thus the change.

That would be consistent, I would say. Are groceries any different going through the lobby than a stroller?

Unless someone wanted to try to say Disney should still hold groceries for folks because they are purchased versus strollers and scooters which are only rented/leased. But that's not much of a difference.

When it gets to the point that an occasional courtesy to your guests becomes a more widespread common occurrence using more of the limited resources, you get to this point I guess.

As long as Disney communicates that there is a charge and or presence is required, buyer beware. At the resorts, Disney is running a hotel and not a personal services business. The relationship is between the vendor and the guest.

Personally I'm okay with this (strollers and scooters) and even if it extends eventually to groceries but that's strictly my opinion.

Bama Ed

PS - I bet the Bell Services area of the Disney resort hotels are probably jammed with cases of bottled water at times. Guests are trying to avoid Disney food/snack/drink prices as much as possible.

PPS - as for rented trailers, they will probably be treated the same unless they are one of the Disney preferred vendors (who no doubt pay for that label so they should some advantage over other providers for their money). Or even treat them like Kenny (have to meet the trailer vendor off-site) and pull back on that relationship even more.

Last edited:

Well I mean think about it, if 40 people are checking in on a day, and all have ordered groceries, you need a whole lot of fridge space, and just space in order to hold these groceries. So I can understand their point.

This is one change in service that I can agree with - just can't believe they waited so long with a change that seems legitimate to me - would take up valuable space as well as the distribution employee time. Just don't get me started on most of the other changes made that doesn't make sense, except $$ sense to Disney only.

This is one change in service that I can agree with - just can't believe they waited so long with a change that seems legitimate to me - would take up valuable space as well as the distribution employee time. Just don't get me started on most of the other changes made that doesn't make sense, except $$ sense to Disney only.
Still really bummed how they treat Kenny (Tee Time). They allow vendors to bring in trailers to rent and allow them to bring in golf carts to rent with them, but make Kenny meet clients off site and can't deliver to the fort. Not equal treatment if you ask me.

Business hat on.
I can also see the point with stopping this. If I had a business that sold or rented items it would be foolish on my part to let outside things come in. Unless I get a slice of the pie.

Now the trailer rental, WDW doesn't have that service and with some they get a slice of the pie. Rentals bring more revenue to The Fort, win, win.

Whether the vendor pick up and drop off rules will be enforced rigidly on the same effective date for all resorts is not known. But it may be noted that for Fort Wilderness, items may be dropped off and picked up at the campsites without causing storage and space problems at the check in desk and Bell Services.

Business hat on.
I can also see the point with stopping this. If I had a business that sold or rented items it would be foolish on my part to let outside things come in. Unless I get a slice of the pie.

Now the trailer rental, WDW doesn't have that service and with some they get a slice of the pie. Rentals bring more revenue to The Fort, win, win.

Denise,

I have to wonder if Disney still needs "help" getting campsites booked any more by allowing vendors to rent trailers to people without a TT, RV, tent, etc. It's darn hard enough to get a campsite now as it is and has been for a while now. :crazy2:

To John VN's post above, Disney could stop allowing rentals in (forcing you into the Kenny treatment where YOU would have to bring it in as yours) and instead book more cabins by saying, "Do you want to stay at lovely Fort Wilderness but don't have a trailer, RV, or tent? Stay in one of our lovely cabins and enjoy all the ambiance the Fort has to offer".

Sure it may cost a little more than site + rental trailer but you get more too:
- daily Mousekeeping service
- fresh towels daily
- lots more space
- a bathroom bigger than a phone booth
- no coordinating arrival and setup. The cabins is already ready and waiting for you!

They would end up with still as many campsites booked as before and book more cabins too in the end.

Yep, imo Disney doesn't need any more help getting campsites booked. :rotfl:

Bama Ed

I too am surprised it took this long. With the staff cuts here and there over the last few years you knew it was but a matter of time before the current staff numbers were overwhelmed with trying to keep up. Like was stated above, you get several campers coming in on same day and all ordering groceries for cabin and RV rental that stuff was bound to be adding up. Of course this is mentioning other resorts, but this is the same all over the place.

@2goofycampers and everyone else...... okay this is supposedly the official rules for the new mobility (scooters, strollers and wheelchairs) vendors all over WDW property. There is now only 1 preferred mobility vendor and they will still be allowed to bring in these items to the front desk for guests to pick up and drop off from a front desk CM. All other mobility vendors will have to meet their guests at the Outpost to drop off and pick up the item they will not be allowed to go to a Cabin or Campsite just like taxis, ubers and Lyfts. So basically if you rent a scooter from a non preferred vendor you have to go get it and return it yourself from their place of business or they will be able to deliver and retrieve it directly to or from you at the Outpost. The guest will have to be present for the pick up and drop off. This new WDW policy only affects Mobility vendors but who knows where it may lead especially at the Fort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter