New podcast format

Thanks for bringing this up!!!!

Pete for god sake stop it with trying to fix the intro. IF ITS NOT BROKE DON'T FIX IT!!!!

stop it with the sound effects, and seriously WE ALL KNOW ABOUT DREAMS UNLIMITED TRAVEL!!!!

you kind of turned housekeeping into a commercial already with all the dreams only vacations that have to be booked through dreams.

But other than that, i used to love the show. i just listen now hoping to hear it the way it used to be but the truth is it probably never will.

Thank you very much for the post, Pete. I really appreciate you being open to constructive criticism about the show and your comments will help listeners not be apprehensive about voicing their opinions here.

I too miss the old intro, I always recognized the advertising in the show but now it's just more straight forward. I did not like the sound clips but in this most recent show it did make more sense that the others at the table could hear them.

I'm looking forward to seeing the live podcast! With my current schedule I will still be relying mostly on the audio version, but it sounds very techie and exciting!

I really enjoyed this week's show, and I like how you've brought on special guests recently like the privacy expert and the police officer to talk about those issues.

I do miss members of the team when they are missing, but I think that allows for more segments from lots of different persepctives, which I like, and I get that the logistics of having so many people there would be a nightmare. Perhaps one or two podcasts a year where the entire group is there?

Laurie

The sound effects didn't do anything for me either..

It was sort of like having an inside joke going on.. but I'm not in on it...

I know it's in it's birthing stage... I'm sure changes will come.

Thanks for the update, Pete. I often listen to the old podcasts (06-07) and they're so different- not good different or bad different, just different. It's amazing to me how you all have grown, evolved, and become even more professional over time. I appreciate your transparency about advertisements, comped trips, and giveaways. Your level of ethics is second to none.

Anyways, I don't frequent this board, but I really appreciated the comments you made on this week's podcast. It's always a plus when the guest knows their voice is being heard, because many companies plug their ears and cut costs by cheapening their product. Yours is just as strong as it was back in 2006, if not stronger. :thumbsup2 (But I still miss Bob!)

Hi I started this thread. Must admit this weeks podcast flowed a bit better. I think change is good and I'm impressed at you acknowledging you listeners concerns. Must admit I'm still not a fan of some of the sound bites I think they disrupt the flow of the show. Thank you for listening

Hi I started this thread. Must admit this weeks podcast flowed a bit better. I think change is good and I'm impressed at you acknowledging you listeners concerns. Must admit I'm still not a fan of some of the sound bites I think they disrupt the flow of the show. Thank you for listening

I promise - the movie soundbites are gone :) The Bob sound bites and some others from previous shows though are too good to resist. I have a new one for John this week that I can't wait to use :)

Pete

You can never get rid of Bob... He'd haunt you with dole whips if you did!!! :rotfl:

Feedback like this thread helps with that more than I can say. I understand why some people are reticent to offer constructive criticism but it doesn't serve the show well. I'm not perfect and neither is any one sitting at the table. We'll try new things - if we get feedback telling us what people liked and didn't we can adjust. When everyone just tells us how wonderful we are, we start to believe it and then things get ugly. I've been down that road before :) Don't get me wrong - keep telling me I'm wonderful by all means, but also tell me what it is you don't like. All of us have a very real and very genuine affection for our listeners. You guys have changed our lives in more ways that we can ever tell you. We all want the show to be good and to get better because every one of us wants to give that to you. I wish you could hear the conversations that go on when we discuss new ideas for the show. The only consideration is 'do you think they'll like this'. Except now that we're going to video, the other consideration is "does this shirt make me look fat".
I only excerpted part of your post, Pete, but I just wanted to say THANK YOU! The fact that you and the rest of the team are so genuine and open to both praise and critique is what makes us all come back to listen (and now watch) week after week.

I am one who has hesitated to post criticism because I didn't want to come off sounding like I was overly negative or bashing all of the hard work that you all do FOR US. I also recognize that change is hard for everyone. You are used to doing the show a certain way. We are used to experiencing the show a certain way. Change any aspect and you change the experience. That isn't good or bad. It's just different and different always takes some getting used to. If after a few weeks, something still just isn't clicking for me and others, I'm sure you'll hear about it. It is good for us to know that you all value the feedback. Thanks again for all that you do and thanks especially for taking the time to come on and reply to the comments and concerns being posted.

I wish the podcast crew luck with their new live, video format but hope they do as they say they will and remember that the VAST majority of listeners will be still be just that, listen-only, not viewing, since they have elected not to offer an iTunes/RSS download of the video format of the podcast. And, while I certainly understand why they aren't doing this (bandwidth), that really does mean that only a very small percentage of people will see the video they seem to have gone to great lengths to create.

I also say "hope," not because I think they're lying, but just because it's very easy to get caught up in the visual, when you're right there and can see it, and know that at least some others can, too. It's just human nature.

I don't know the Dis Unplugged's numbers, but I do know that the vast majority of podcasts that also live stream get 90% plus of their listeners via automatic RSS subscriptions.

coopersmom said:
I wish the podcast crew luck with their new live, video format but hope they do as they say they will and remember that the VAST majority of listeners will be still be just that, listen-only, not viewing, since they have elected not to offer an iTunes/RSS download of the video format of the podcast. And, while I certainly understand why they aren't doing this (bandwidth), that really does mean that only a very small percentage of people will see the video they seem to have gone to great lengths to create.

If they post the show to their YouTube page like they apparently are, you can easily subscribe to that feed as well. Yes, its a little different than subscribing RSS style with a feed catcher, but you can still watch it on demand. I think there's some ongoing confusion with folks thinking that they will only be able to see the video portion live.

If they post the show to their YouTube page like they apparently are, you can easily subscribe to that feed as well. Yes, its a little different than subscribing RSS style with a feed catcher, but you can still watch it on demand. I think there's some ongoing confusion with folks thinking that they will only be able to see the video portion live.

I realize I'll have the option of viewing it on YouTube, but realistically, that isn't going to happen. I simply don't have the time. There is another Disney show that I do subscribe to and I'm always a month or two behind it watching that at best and then usually end up skipping episodes and segments to catch up. With the DIS podcast (audio), I listen in my car to and from work and that's perfect. Can't do that with video though.

I didn't mind the plug for Dreams at all. From a business standpoint it seems foolish NOT to be letting people know about your travel business. I bet there are people out here who don't really know about it who would welcome the information and be interested in the service. Heck....it's almost a public service announcement!
And because we are all Disney fans, I don't think anyone would mind advertising from Disney related businesses. But at the end of the day - we are listening for free and you have to pay the bills...bring in those ad dollars!!!
I'm sure most would agree that we want this to be a financially resonable thing for you to do....so it can continue.:lovestruc

Tammy

I couldn't agree any more here.:confused3

My only gripe is that there are too many people in the show now. Really there should be just be a core group weekly. Also, Skype always sounds awful on podcasts. Also, saying that commercials are finally coming to the podcasts it's a stretch. Anytime they mention the latest Adventures by Disney tour or whatever Dis Cruise is coming up sounds like a commercial to me.

Agree 100% here as well. Pete, Kevin, Julie, John, Bob & Corey were the perfect team. Losing Bob was a major blow, but this group could have carried the show with ease by themselves. If it were my show, I wouldn't do the show unless I had this whole group together. If that meant shortening the show and/or missing several weeks at a time, so be it. And sound effects detract from the content of the show.

Video tape the podcast? What a novel idea. I believe I suggested that several years ago and got pounded for making such a suggestion.

Video tape the podcast? What a novel idea. I believe I suggested that several years ago and got pounded for making such a suggestion.

I have just started listening to the podcast again, after about a year away from it. I was floored by the news that the podcast was going to be video taped and broadcast.

Last I knew, John and Kevin were camera shy and couldn't stand to even have their picture taken, much less be filmed.

I guess a lot has changed since I've been gone.

Agree 100% here as well. Pete, Kevin, Julie, John, Bob & Corey were the perfect team. Losing Bob was a major blow, but this group could have carried the show with ease by themselves. If it were my show, I wouldn't do the show unless I had this whole group together. If that meant shortening the show and/or missing several weeks at a time, so be it. And sound effects detract from the content of the show.

I think that Kathy and Teresa (and Dustin and special guests) bring a lot to the show, and I love listening to them. Especially when Julie can’t be there, it’s nice to have a female perspective on things. Not that I don’t love John and Kevin and Pete, because, I do. Seriously. I do wish that there was room for everyone every week though, and it didn’t switch out so much.

I’ll try to watch the ones on YouTube, but it probably won’t happen, and that’s okay. I’ll run and listen to the ones that are on iTunes.

I think that Kathy and Teresa (and Dustin and special guests) bring a lot to the show, and I love listening to them. Especially when Julie can’t be there, it’s nice to have a female perspective on things. Not that I don’t love John and Kevin and Pete, because, I do. Seriously. I do wish that there was room for everyone every week though, and it didn’t switch out so much.

I’ll try to watch the ones on YouTube, but it probably won’t happen, and that’s okay. I’ll run and listen to the ones that are on iTunes.

Pete, John and Kevin are my core group, and I really enjoy everyone else, as well, ..and I love when Kathy and Theresa are on!
I would love to have the 5 of them plus Corey and Julie and now Dustin(and Walter too!), but I understand that so many people talking and around a table can be a bit much to manage.
I'm happy with the show and the dirction they're going in.

I am actually really excited for the video show-I can watch it the weeks I have time(which will be most weeks, I assume) and if I don't have time..or if I want to save the podcast for a long drive, I have that option.
Options are good!

Pete, John and Kevin are my core group, and I really enjoy everyone else, as well, ..and I love when Kathy and Theresa are on!
I would love to have the 5 of them plus Corey and Julie and now Dustin(and Walter too!), but I understand that so many people talking and around a table can be a bit much to manage.
I'm happy with the show and the dirction they're going in.

I am actually really excited for the video show-I can watch it the weeks I have time(which will be most weeks, I assume) and if I don't have time..or if I want to save the podcast for a long drive, I have that option.
Options are good!

To me, Kathy is great at telling it how it is. She and Kevin both also seem to me to be genuinely very nice people. The show from the beginning, to use Pete's words several years ago; was "a little edgy". Kathy unfortunately seems to be a little straight laced for such an edgy show. Bob played the Archie Bunker character, mispronouncing words for humor. Teresa has attempted to play some what of a Chrissy from Threes Company part for humor and it's worked to an extent. I do believe that Pete feels under pressure to get a show out each week, but he shouldn't feel that way. Unless he has his core group together, even though there may be 2-3 weeks with out a show, he should wait to put it out.

To me, Kathy is great at telling it how it is. She and Kevin both also seem to me to be genuinely very nice people. The show from the beginning, to use Pete's words several years ago; was "a little edgy". Kathy unfortunately seems to be a little straight laced for such an edgy show. Bob played the Archie Bunker character, mispronouncing words for humor. Teresa has attempted to play some what of a Chrissy from Threes Company part for humor and it's worked to an extent. I do believe that Pete feels under pressure to get a show out each week, but he shouldn't feel that way. Unless he has his core group together, even though there may be 2-3 weeks with out a show, he should wait to put it out.

It's good to know that Kevin and Kathy are Nice Folk, I guess the jury is still out on the rest of us. I am sitting here in my short shorts with my long blonde hair up in a side ponytail just waiting to go to today's show. I hope I can remember how to get there. LOL!!!! If I am Late, Kathy tends to fuss at me, because she is like that. :)

I personally have a great time doing the show, How you take me, is entirely up to you.

I know for a fact that everyone one the show is genuinely nice with the sole exception of John. :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

I am off to roller skate to Pete's to do today's show!!! Hope you watch!!:)

Have a great day!!

T:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter