New pizza place in Italy

Goofy&Sleepy

Mouseketeer
Is the new pizza place going to be CS OR TS? Any ideas when it will open? I can't find the original info. Going to book ADR's soon & might want to hold a spot if it is TS....

THANKS>

Thanks. That is the news flash that I had read it on....looks like it will be CS but I am not 100% sure....

i read the article posted by the PP, and i took from it that the new pizzeria in italy will be table service. It says:
"Together with the addition of the pizzeria and the extensive refurbishment of the Cantina, we’re expanding the table service restaurant seats in World Showcase by approximately 20 percent"

this is sort of confusing, as the spokesperson could just be talking about having more seating for people to eat in epcot, but if i had to guess, based on this article, OP, i'd say table service. i can't wait to check it out! oh well, maybe next year.

"At the Italy pavilion, the Patina Restaurant Group will expand its Italian culinary options by opening a new 300-seat pizzeria that will feature traditional Italian dishes straight from wood-burning ovens representing Italy’s infamous volcanoes. Guests will be immersed in the dining experience as they take in the sights, sounds, and aromas of the Italian delicacies, Florentine architecture, vaulted-ceilings, and indoor and outdoor dining. Based on its success at Naples 45 in New York, the Patina Restaurant Group will import water from a source where the composition most resembles water used in Naples, Italy, to make the authentic Italian dough."

Sounds like table service to me.:cool1:

I'm sure Nala will pipe up soon ;), but the current word is that it will be primarily TS. There are rumors/discussion on whether or not it will have a CS window available though.

From what I have been reading, it will be table service. Mexico's expansion will be QS. The pizzaria will be open for F & W, soft opening. The name is "Via Napoli".

BUT.....I could be wrong! I read it on a bunch of sites. Who knows the sources???

Yeah, here I am.

Nobody knows yet for sure what it will be. I think it looks as though it will be TS. There is some speculation as to whether it will have a CS component like a carryout window. The same company runs a pizza restaurant at Disneyland, which does have a carryout.

The Mexico restaurant will be CS during the day and will partially convert to TS for dinner.

You can't book ADRs for either yet, and you won't be able to until they come up with official opening dates.

Thanks to all. WIll book something & maybe cancel it for this. Will be there in Oct during F& W so maybe it will be open. Would love to have a good Pizza place in the World to try....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter