UPDATED: Tip Board Working!! - New MDE App Update with Genie

Happy to say that I can see the Tips board since arriving. Not that I have used it yet. We are going to HS tomorrow, probably not rope dropping, we will see what we can ride without genie+ or paying. If we don't get to do what we want, we will get one or the other on our second day in HS.

thanks so much for letting us know! Great to hear it works once you're in the US. Still hoping they will fix it soon for International guests looking while at home.

Someone else posted on the FB group that their app still wasn't working when they got down there....hopefully theirs eventually started working since then. I emailed through the app feedback to mention the concern. They said that they were aware of it and working on a fix for a future update.

Someone else posted on the FB group that their app still wasn't working when they got down there....hopefully theirs eventually started working since then. I emailed through the app feedback to mention the concern. They said that they were aware of it and working on a fix for a future update.
I received a similar response when I raised a concern on the app using the 'Help' feature. It was a standard response but at least they're hearing our concern and working on a solution. Hopefully that solution comes out sooner than later.

Suddenly this morning when I checked my app the Tip Board is working!

I'm in Ontario and using an iPhone 10. Seeing version 20211011.1.

Hope others find their app works too. People on the Theme Parks Board are reporting mixed responses. Some can now see the tip board and others still receive an error. Hopefully they get it working for all soon!

Nice to see them working on it. I also have Android and it's not working yet but that seems to be the order that they tend to push updates.

I received an email from Disney World App Support just now advising that they believe the issue is now resolved.

Hi xxx,

Thank you for your patience with the troubles you're having with Disney Genie. We believe this issue is now resolved. Please try again and if you are still experiencing any issues, please reply to let us know.

Thanks again, and have a magical day!

Donald Traeger
Digital Support
Digital Guest Experience

I replied that I can view it but that others are still unable to see it and that it's a combination of both iOS and Android users. I included a link to this thread and the other thread in the TPAS board.

So glad to know they're working on it and hopefully the reply sent indicating it's still not working for all will encourage them to continue working on a resolution.

If anyone who is still having problems gets a fix, can you please report it here? Thanks!

I'll be in Florida late Saturday night and starting in the parks early Sunday morning so I hope it's going to work for me then. (Which according to my tests with a VPN it should)

Sadly still not working on my Android. ☹
Hopefully soon! I received a second email from Disney IT once I responded that some are still facing challenges. Sounds like they still working on it and hopefully yours will work quickly too!

Good morning,

Thank you for letting us know and I'm glad that it's finally working for you! Our tech teams are still finalizing some other fixes so we hope that any other Guests' challenges will be resolved soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter