• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Jungle Cruise script - Thumbs up or down?

Buckimion

Purple Heart Park Commando
For those few that have experienced the 'new' Jungle Cruise...what do you think?

Mouseplanet's report said management was going to make the skipper's stick to the script and cut back on the improvising. (Where do they think they are...Disney World???) Does this stink or what?

Right now (yesterday, anyway) they seemed to be working mostly from the old script. I love it when the cms improvise, too. I've had one or two really unique cms and those have been my favorite trips on the JC.

I think I'll wait & see how it goes. I was talking to a JC skipper, David, and he told me that they went from 20 - 85 pages of script because they've incorporated a lot of the jokes that the cms have been improvising. There were a couple of new ones when we went on Thursday, but we also had a new skipper, so maybe the more experienced skippers are using the newer lines, etc.

I went on it on Tuesday and I enjoyed it. Sure the script is same old-same old, but I thought the new scenes really added a lot. Thumbs up!

Melissa

Pics on another website with script in hand, memorizing while taking multiple rides on new JC. Rumor is he will do a version as JC Skipper for tape/TV .

I rode it several times this weekend and there wasnt too me any big difference in the jokes- All rides were different with different jokes-

The ride does get a thumbs up for improvements :) -em

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter