New internet packages

Honestly since the navigators are all on the app people are more likely to be on their phones all the time for that reason.
Just reporting what I observed.

Both mine and my daughters' imesssage quit working on the MV. Mine on the second day and hers on the third. I went to guest services and they gave me a comped internet day plan and then did something to fix our phones. logged our, hit a button, logged in...blah blah. Whatever it was it worked! So I know they are aware and have a plan to fix the imessage issue on the WISH.

Thanks. I’m worried about instances I’ve read about where iMessage randomly stops working.
This was on the Fantasy. I did notice that iMessages with any links didn’t show up or didn’t show up correctly, which makes sense. I was actually surprised that they showed up at all. My husband was getting a lot more notifications, ie Outlook email headers, Ring, Gmail headers, Microsoft Teams (for a while). Our son’s Android phone got more notifications, but he couldn’t easily disable background app refresh like we did on our iPhones. iMessages would show up correctly, even previous ones that didn’t, once I logged into the purchased ship data.

So, just confirming the iMessage works on Fantasy post upgrade without buying an internet package? Mainly want this for communicating with family members on board. A few of us wear apple watches and want to be able to communicate with each other without carrying phones (I don't think the navigator app will work with an apple watch).

So, just confirming the iMessage works on Fantasy post upgrade without buying an internet package? Mainly want this for communicating with family members on board. A few of us wear apple watches and want to be able to communicate with each other without carrying phones (I don't think the navigator app will work with an apple watch).
I was on the last Fantasy cruise, without the upgrade. They only left port yesterday with the upgrade. I don’t know the current status.

I don't think the navigator app will work with an apple watch
I got plenty of navigator alerts on my watch, but no, I couldn't actually use the app via the watch. I was also just on the Fantasy with soniam...iMessage worked the first night and then didn't work the rest of the cruise (except when I had roaming in port or turned on the free internet package).

When I say notifications, they were on my iphone. They didn't show up on my Fitbit; I think it requires a connection to wifi/cell. My husband's showed up on his Garman watch and iphone.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter