New I Pod User...Hopefully

sjh801

Guess who's thinking Disney???
I'll post this question here and see if anyone can give me insight. I usually post on the Community Board. Anyway, i just bought myself my first I Pod on Friday night-30 GB. I tried downloading I Tunes...by dial up...high speed coming soon... and was getting there but had to cancel. Now I can't get it to dowload.
Any suggestions? Hope it doesn't turn out that my computer won't do it!!!:scared1: :eek:

Posting on Tech Support and Community Board, too. Hope for some "happy" answers. In the meantime, give me prayers and pixie dust.:headache:

Hi sjh801,

If your iPod is new then you should have received iTunes on cd and that should be good enough to get going. It will only be a little bit out of date. Downloading with dial-up will be painful. The Windows download is 36MB so you will want to wait for your hi-speed connection to get the current version.

Hi sjh801,

If your iPod is new then you should have received iTunes on cd and that should be good enough to get going. It will only be a little bit out of date. Downloading with dial-up will be painful. The Windows download is 36MB so you will want to wait for your hi-speed connection to get the current version.

Thanks! No CD with the I Pod. I think that they have discontinued including CDs, from what I have read. Looks as if I will need to wait for the hi-speed. When I finally get it together, I'll be frequenting this part of the DIS boards.;)

I see. Do you have a friend that has hi-speed? Maybe they could download it and burn it to a cd or copy it to a USB drive.

Since I work for the company, I'll try and offer some insight.

You are correct that they stopped shipping the CDs with the iPods, if you are on Dial-Up and don't want to wait, visit your local Apple Store and have them burn a copy for you! :D If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Thanks for two more great answers. I did have my niece burn a couple of songs and put them on my I Pod. OMG! I can't believe the sound quality! And of course they are Disney songs!;)

I'll be back...

I just got my 30GB IPOD - Video and I did get the CD. The box was black and had Jack Sparrow on it. You will really enjoy the PODCASTS!

Now I'm in. Finally got everything in order and upgraded to hi speed. Now to start exploring my I Pod.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter