New HP coaster - opening?

SnapesGirl

DIS Veteran
Any rumours yet as to when the new HP coaster will be opening? What do you think the odds are it'll be open by September?

I imagine that it will be up and by running by July at the latest for the summer crowds, and certainly all the vlogs I've watched have supported that theory.

I think I've read May, definitely by September!

Watched a vlog on Universal this morning, didn't realize there's a coaster in Jurassic in the works. Speculation it will shut the bridge between Hogsmeade and JP. Also had update on the new HP coaster... looks great!!!

Dont know if I am hoping it for it to be open Mid-May or not. We were at Disney 2 weeks after Pandora opened, not relishing the crowds, but that coaster looks amazing. Universal needs more coasters as it is and less motion video things.

I believe the current rumour is Memorial Weekend but nothing has been officially announced yet. June/July at the latest for summer.

Any guesses on how this will affect crowd levels at the parks? I am assuming that initially there will be an immediate jump in crowd levels for all areas of the park but especially in the HP areas (which are already some of the busiest areas). After the initial excitement the rest of the park should level back out I would assume. The bigger unknown is how much the opening of Star Wars land will affect the crowds at Universal. Will it offset the spike in crowds from the new coaster?

Hi I agree that the crowd levels will initially rise in the HP areas and probably all of Universal for awhile. It is going to be interesting because I know now that by late morning early afternoon I stay away from the areas. I think the busy crowd levels will stay for awhile. If it opens in late June early July the crowds will be a little worse because of the summer ones. I think express pass and early entry are going to be even more important at this time. We usually go this time every year but are skipping this summer. I am hoping by the time I go next year it will be more in a groove.

I don't think crowds will be effected at Universal till Star Wars opens probably sometime in late fall as they are projecting. I think Universal will have their new coaster up and running for a few months before SWG. I think once SWG opens up Universal may see a little decline but probably not much. I think they are two different vacations and each has their own groups that keep coming back.

Probably won’t be open for our visit early May, but I can hope! Maybe a soft opening?

Will this have a lap bar or something more to hold you in?
Dont think anyone (who can share it) knows yet - I saw some images of the cars on the tracks - but they are covered - the speculation is that it is a motorcycle\sidecar and even covered that seem like what it is - so id assume a lap bar type of thing - seems like we will know a lot more soon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter