New Holiday discount

I checked a couple dates and didn't find what we wanted available on the discount; however, I learned something new and wanted to share! For one of the stays we already had booked, I was surprised to find availability when trying to change an existing reservation, even for room the exact room type which was NOT available when searching directly. So, in the future, I will book the exact stay I want even at rack rate, then try to modify it when the discounts are released. The Magical Holiday discounts were not as good as what we already have booked with 'Free' Dining, but it gives me hope for when AP discounts are released!

Called and asked to have the discount applied to my existing reservation (Nov. 1-10 at Yacht Club) and was told they couldn't do that, although she did "try" to make it work. She couldn't find any availability at Yacht or Beach Club during our travel dates and asked if we wanted to switch to Contemporary, which isn't showing availability online, but we declined. We are doing the runDisney events the weekend of November 3 and want to be able to walk to Epcot for Food & Wine. I'm pretty much locked in to the Nov. 1-10 dates since I've already purchased plane tickets, dessert party tickets, Christmas party tickets and registered for the runDisney races, but not particularly happy about paying rack rates at a "deluxe" resort (which we really like but is in no way worth the $515 or so a night average that I'll be paying).

Called and asked to have the discount applied to my existing reservation (Nov. 1-10 at Yacht Club) and was told they couldn't do that, although she did "try" to make it work. She couldn't find any availability at Yacht or Beach Club during our travel dates and asked if we wanted to switch to Contemporary, which isn't showing availability online, but we declined. We are doing the runDisney events the weekend of November 3 and want to be able to walk to Epcot for Food & Wine. I'm pretty much locked in to the Nov. 1-10 dates since I've already purchased plane tickets, dessert party tickets, Christmas party tickets and registered for the runDisney races, but not particularly happy about paying rack rates at a "deluxe" resort (which we really like but is in no way worth the $515 or so a night average that I'll be paying).
Have you considered a split stay? You might be able to get a discounted room for some of your nights at one resort, then move to another resort that might have discounted rooms for the balance of your stay.

The other options in the Epcot area are the Swan and Dolphin. Both are very nice and have recently remodeled rooms. The major drawbacks are that you can't use resort airline check-in for bags and boarding pass, nor use the Magical Express to/from airport. Both resorts have the same Disney boat and bus transportation as YC/BC. It's about a 10 minute walk from the Swan to the International Gateway at Epcot.

What type of room is available at the Contemporary

Have you considered a split stay? You might be able to get a discounted room for some of your nights at one resort, then move to another resort that might have discounted rooms for the balance of your stay.

The other options in the Epcot area are the Swan and Dolphin. Both are very nice and have recently remodeled rooms. The major drawbacks are that you can't use resort airline check-in for bags and boarding pass, nor use the Magical Express to/from airport. Both resorts have the same Disney boat and bus transportation as YC/BC. It's about a 10 minute walk from the Swan to the International Gateway at Epcot.
Just checked Swan & Dolphin and they don't have any availability Nov. 1-10 either. I'm beginning to think my plan of going in November may not have been the best. Crowds were very manageable when we went end of October a few years ago, but the first 10 days of November are looking really busy!

Just checked Swan & Dolphin and they don't have any availability Nov. 1-10 either. I'm beginning to think my plan of going in November may not have been the best. Crowds were very manageable when we went end of October a few years ago, but the first 10 days of November are looking really busy!
Both Swan and Dolphin have availability Nov 1-6, if that helps in any way.

If you have to be there, there is a rack rate Std. view room at Boardwalk from Nov 6-9, then last night back at Swan or Dolphin.

Last edited:
Both Swan and Dolphin have availability Nov 1-6, if that helps in any way.
Hmm, that might be worth looking into, thanks.

I played around on the Disney website and found availability at Grand Floridian and Boardwalk Villas for 10/31-11/8 but those don't really work for us. I imagine I'll end up paying rack rate this trip. o_O I'd absolutely reschedule for next year if I hadn't already committed to the runDisney event, Christmas party, etc.

Hmm, that might be worth looking into, thanks.

I played around on the Disney website and found availability at Grand Floridian and Boardwalk Villas for 10/31-11/8 but those don't really work for us. I imagine I'll end up paying rack rate this trip. o_O I'd absolutely reschedule for next year if I hadn't already committed to the runDisney event, Christmas party, etc.
Keep in mind that Swan/Dolphin and Disney resorts will transfer your bags between resorts, so moving back and forth and back again is not as bad as it might sound, if you don't mind three different rooms during your visit. I personally think that the Swan rooms are at least as nice as BC.

Keep in mind that Swan/Dolphin and Disney resorts will transfer your bags between resorts. I do it all the time, and it works great. I personally think that the Swan rooms are at least as nice as BC.
Did not know about the bag transfer. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter