New help w/some CraigsList pricing for Little People Lot

HugsForEeyore- do you have the old house? The one that looked like a cape cod style? I think my mom still has ours... she just recently asked me if I wanted it. I told her no and I don't know if she still has it or if she got rid of it already. I believe she had one other piece also, though I can't remember what it was.
I will be gone all day today, but let me know if you are interested. Where in NJ are you?? I am in Middlesex County and Mom is in Somerset.

Hey fellow NJer!! :wave: I am up near Morristown! I don't see too many DISers from the area!

You should have taken the Little People house when you had the chance! :teeth: They can be worth some money! I seen them go for some go for up to $60ish on Ebay, especially if it has many of the parts (beds with foam, table an chairs, etc). Thanks for the offer - though I may have enough of the houses already! :blush: Here are mine:

fpplayfamilyhouse.jpg

Is this the house? There was also a blue and yellow version (which I have only one). I have 3 of the brown version here (2 masonite bases, 1 plastic), with 1 more house kicking around somewhere!! My family's little people will never be homeless! :teeth:

Yeah, my parents think I am nuts for collecting these, but the kids are thrilled! :)

I love your picture. I see some familiar pieces in there! DD once lined up all of her "people". The line went from inside her bedroom, through the kitchen, and out into the living room. She literally has hundreds - all from yard sales. It was the only place I could buy them. I don't think I ever paid more than $5 or $6 for a set. The individual people were usually either just thrown in with a set or were really cheap. DD has an A-Frame house that I've never seen anywhere else. She also has a record player/music box that I think was part of a larger set. But it still has the original records so you can change the music. And the zoo set would keep her busy for a long time too. I recognized her amusement park in your picture too. Glad my DH made me keep all of that stuff. I knew people collected but never really looked to see what they were worth. Maybe when I can get to the shed they are stored in I'll get them out and see about selling them off to pay for her trip to Paris this summer. I am going to have to spend some time on E-Bay.

WOW!! You were sooo lucky to get that many in yard sales! They really can be worth money today! My parents gave away most of my original collection - if only they knew how much $$$ they would have been worth! When I was little, I only had 60 little people (my parents refused to buy me more), so today I made up for it and have probably over 500 plus! :teeth:

I have an A-Frame, too! I got it at a large rummage sale about 4 years ago. It's not complete, and not in great condition, and the ladder is the wrong one for this set, but I love it! :banana:

fpaframe.jpg

Delmar411 - my goal is to collect every single set - I got some in the original boxes, too! I seen boxes go for $50 alone!! :faint: Here are the Children's Hospital and School House sets, plus some other Fisher Price older pull toys:

fpwindowshelf.jpg

And I have some of the 1970's-1980's Little People (and Fisher Price Adventure People, too) still on the original cards!! Here are bulletin boards displays me and the kids made: :banana:

fpmocwall.jpg

So yep!! We love 'em! So everyone - don't throw away your little people!! They can be worth $$$ someday to the nutty toy collector! :teeth:

Love the collections! We had a lot of those too. i think my mom still has some in storage. My sister had the sesames street house, and I think those go for a lot of money.

it's the blue and yellow house. She still has it, I called her today. She said it is in really bad shape. She bought it at a garage sale because it looked like the one I had growing up.
We had that old castle too, me and my brothers LOVED to play with the little people!!

I have my blue & yellow house and the village, with all of the original pieces. My people are so old they have wooden bodies - not plastic. My stuff is in great shape, except the "sponge" part of the beds has all deteriorated. DS12 doesn't play with them anymore, but I won't get rid of them.

I had the school, the castle, the airport, and a McDonald's that wasn't FP - I think it was Playskool.

My 2 younger sisters tore up and/or lost pieces of those sets so I think my mother got rid of them.

My cousin had all of the same sets that I had. She was telling me she always wanted the hospital but she never got one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter