New! Haunted Mansion-Inspired Dooney & Bourke Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't use twitter or I would be right with you. I asked on a Dooney group and they said to try and return it to Disney itself. I'll let everyone know how that goes.

Hi Ladies,
I got a letter today dated the 9th of April. It says they no longer do the LC bag that I have. I can choose a bag for $188 from them or have my bag back. If I do not contact them 20 days after the date of my letter they will just send my bag back.

I have not yet decided what to do.:hyper2:

Hi Ladies,
I got a letter today dated the 9th of April. It says they no longer do the LC bag that I have. I can choose a bag for $188 from them or have my bag back. If I do not contact them 20 days after the date of my letter they will just send my bag back.

Got the same letter 2 days ago. I got the first letter a couple weeks ago they wouldnt help and to contact Disney but I argued back to them and now got the credit offer. I really don;t want just a Dooney bag (or I would have bought that to start with). I thought I heard a while back someone else fought this and got in touch with Dooney's Disney rep and somehow got a Disney Dooney but I'm not sure the details.

I have a trip to WDW planned in Aug so my plan is to take it with me and the first letter from Dooney stating to contact disney for a refund. I'm happy w a merch credit at the parks as I also purchased a Satchel (against my better judgement).

I'm pretty sure they'll offer me that esp w my Dooney letter in hand that i tried through them to get it repaired. IF for some reason that doesn't work or if I decided to keep it I'm waiting to hear from someone that has a connection w/ Angelus leather paints for a custom color. She mixed her own w/ Vanilla and Black and I can't tell at all on the touch ups! Sharpies are a horrible option and end up looking purple and white after just a day or so but this leather paint is amazing. I'll keep you all posted on the paint option when I hear or you can try your own mixing skills w those colors.

I still want an answer to why they have sent at least 3 people I've seen post on the FB groups the new design w/ the corners and now refuse to do that option. Maybe it was in the works and Disney or Dooney is pulling that run as the 'redesign' kind of admits fault in a bad product after all this. Everyone would be demanding replacements. I'm just guessing.

If you love that bag and you can't get to Disney for a credit (buy another Dis Dooney) I'd look into those paints as an option.

They emailed me the letter since they didn't send one in the mail. I'll print it out for when I go to the parks, but I wish I had one directly from them. Sorry to hear you both got bad news too. They didn't even offer me credit, but I wouldn't want a regular Dooney anyways. I'm hoping Disney will do the right thing and give me credit.

I think they are coming out with the style that we have seen post of on FB. A week or so ago the blog on here had new D&B bags and the dark bags have
the leather corners.

I know bags are not a big deal to most people, I feel kinda crazy being as disappointed as I am. We been going the WDW since 2004. I being eyeing
those bags, but didn't buy one because of the price. Last year it was a long awaited anniversary gift, now it's gone. I've chosen not to have it sent back as a few post back suggested that they come back in worse shape.

I'm not going to bother sending mine in and get a new bag. I'll use it until it falls apart because at this point I'm too stubborn to give up something I've wanted for a long time. I ended up buying Saffiano Crossbody Messenger through Macy's for $45 with all my employee discounts, which is made of a much nicer leather than the HM one. I haven't used it yet, but if Macy's gets the Saffiano Crossbody which is similar in style to the letter carrier and made of the nicer leather, I'll get that instead.

Tried to return to World of Disney today, but no luck. They said it was past the 30 day return mark, plus they didn't have it in stock. They called Vault 28 too and were talking (I couldn't hear what they said). They told me to call Guest Services, so I guess I will go that route. Dooney still hasn't responded about my refund for shipping to them. What horrible companies.

I have tweeted the before and after photos of my bag and tagged Dooney & Bourke. I doubt it will get much attention but I am going to keep bugging them. Shame on them.

Last edited:
Tried to return to World of Disney today, but no luck. They said it was past the 30 day return mark, plus they didn't have it in stock. They called Vault 28 too and were talking (I couldn't hear what they said). They told me to call Guest Services, so I guess I will go that route. Dooney still hasn't responded about my refund for shipping to them. What horrible companies.

I have tweeted the before and after photos of my bag and tagged Dooney & Bourke. I doubt it will get much attention but I am going to keep bugging them. Shame on them.
I hope guest services helps. I can not understand why they help some people and not others at D&B. Hope it gets sorted for you soon.

That totally stinks! I also hope Guest Services is more receptive. I'd definitely let them know you're aware of the scale of these problems (i.e. that yours isn't an isolated case) and that you expect more from established companies with alleged "excellent" customer service. :( Good luck!

Have been watching this thread since the beginning.

My DD finally got me one of these bags when she was at MK two weeks ago. I haven't used it yet.

Looking back at the last few pages I see there were problems with the bags. Does anyone have any updates?

And btw, she said there were about ten bags there available to purchase if anyone's still looking for one.

Hi Ladies,

I had the same issue . they told me if i have it sent back to myself ,then my warranty for anything else that may go wrong with the purse is null and void....jusy FYI

Got the same letter 2 days ago. I got the first letter a couple weeks ago they wouldnt help and to contact Disney but I argued back to them and now got the credit offer. I really don;t want just a Dooney bag (or I would have bought that to start with). I thought I heard a while back someone else fought this and got in touch with Dooney's Disney rep and somehow got a Disney Dooney but I'm not sure the details.

I have a trip to WDW planned in Aug so my plan is to take it with me and the first letter from Dooney stating to contact disney for a refund. I'm happy w a merch credit at the parks as I also purchased a Satchel (against my better judgement).

I'm pretty sure they'll offer me that esp w my Dooney letter in hand that i tried through them to get it repaired. IF for some reason that doesn't work or if I decided to keep it I'm waiting to hear from someone that has a connection w/ Angelus leather paints for a custom color. She mixed her own w/ Vanilla and Black and I can't tell at all on the touch ups! Sharpies are a horrible option and end up looking purple and white after just a day or so but this leather paint is amazing. I'll keep you all posted on the paint option when I hear or you can try your own mixing skills w those colors.

I still want an answer to why they have sent at least 3 people I've seen post on the FB groups the new design w/ the corners and now refuse to do that option. Maybe it was in the works and Disney or Dooney is pulling that run as the 'redesign' kind of admits fault in a bad product after all this. Everyone would be demanding replacements. I'm just guessing.

If you love that bag and you can't get to Disney for a credit (buy another Dis Dooney) I'd look into those paints as an option.

I have had the same crappy experience. I do not understand why we get a regular Dooney credit... That is absolutely absurd . People who buy a Disney Dooney are buying a specific product. A regular old Dooney just won't do. So what I have learned is that if you buy a Disney Dooney and something happens to it. Do not rely on having it fixes or replaced with the same product or a Disney product.... Ridiculous!!!

Dear Disers this thread has ran its course so I am closing it is hard to moderate 71 page post and I think it is time to make room for other 1st page topics and questions. Thank you for understanding Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter