New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are in MK, you choose 1 destination park - example DHS. At the time that Express bus #1 picks up in MK, the Express Bus #2 picks up in DHS.

#1 arrives in DHS and #2 arrives at MK. Then, they depart on the scheduled time. #2 leaves for DHS; #1 leaves for MK. This continues throughout the day.
Thanks for this, I think I'm getting it...yeah!

I didn't actually think it was a time saver. Unless you are planning your day to be able to catch the bus at the time it leaves, it can be a while to wait. Twice we had just missed the bus and had to walk around to kill time till the next bus. We felt that we could have gotten a bus faster outside the park. I did enjoy not having the walk from the bus to the back of the parks but unless you're doing 4 parks in a day, traveling during a high peak time or have a medical concern where walking is an issue, I don't think it's worth it to get. I was there marathon weekend and didn't have long waits for buses or security!

I'm sorry, but this sounds more like poor planning on your part. It wouldn't be difficult to grab a schedule when you pay for the service and then make sure you are there in time for the bus.

I'm sorry, but this sounds more like poor planning on your part. It wouldn't be difficult to grab a schedule when you pay for the service and then make sure you are there in time for the bus.

Even the best plans get disrupted at the parks. Trying to fit the schedule in is a downside to the program though it would be better than going out the front of the park where there will likely be a wait as well.

I loved the Express Bus since we really did not plan where we would hop after the first park, except for one day. The one day we planned ahead was an AK to DHS where we had FP+ at DHS mid afternoon. We knew the schedule and planned our morning working our way around from Dinoland to Africa. We made sure to head from EE to Safari with about 1 hour before the bus check in. We did Safari and then headed to the bus and basically waited 5 minutes. We knew if we missed the bus, we would either do the EP Express and then the DHS Express from there or we would walk to the front and just do a regular bus hop.

All of our other hops were not planned too far ahead. We would wait until we had done most of what we wanted at the first park and then look to see what the bus schedule was. If the upcoming bus worked for what we wanted, we hopped. If we felt like a different park, we would check the schedule and then fill our time with quick attractions, snacks or bathroom breaks. We would also use the time to check wait times at the next park and schedule our next FP+.

I am doubtful that I will get the Express Bus for my next trip since we have 7 people and may need to do resort breaks midday for some of the party. We will probably drive most days since our resort, AKL, is a bit of a distance for quick runs for my special needs sister or nephew.

Even the best plans get disrupted at the parks. Trying to fit the schedule in is a downside to the program though it would be better than going out the front of the park where there will likely be a wait as well.

I disagree. The fact there IS a schedule is one the best perks to the Express Bus. You KNOW when that bus is leaving; you're not making your way out of the park and wondering when the next bus is coming or watching the bus you wanted pull out moments before you get there. Yes, the best laid plans get disrupted, but you still KNOW when the next bus is leaving.

Has anyone used it at park closings? It may be a bit tricky to get from one park to another if the closing hours are different?

Someone was asking about this one day when I was checking in and they were told that as long as you were hopping to a park that was still open you could do so. So, in their case, they wanted to do DHS to MK, with DHS closing at 8 pm that night. They were told there would be one more bus from DHS to MK (8:20 PM) and to Epcot (8:30 PM) since those parks would still be open when DHS closed. If they had wanted to go to AK, there would not have been a bus back as they closed at 6 or 7 that night.

I disagree. The fact there IS a schedule is one the best perks to the Express Bus. You KNOW when that bus is leaving; you're not making your way out of the park and wondering when the next bus is coming or watching the bus you wanted pull out moments before you get there. Yes, the best laid plans get disrupted, but you still KNOW when the next bus is leaving.

I personally don't think you can plan that well. There are too many things that disrupt the schedule in Disney, especially if you're traveling with kids. We had gotten the schedule after the first day we missed the bus and planned on getting on the bus at whatever time it was from Hollywood studios but ended up being on a ride longer because they had to stop it for whatever reason. Plus, let's say your kid has to go to the bathroom or the wait time is short on a ride and you want to hop on. I didn't want to feel like I had to miss out on that vs. trying to get the bus on schedule. I just felt it was too much waiting around and planning for the bus. It's not like FP where it's a window, you either get the bus when it leaves or you don't. If you can keep on schedule, more power to you!

Someone was asking about this one day when I was checking in and they were told that as long as you were hopping to a park that was still open you could do so. So, in their case, they wanted to do DHS to MK, with DHS closing at 8 pm that night. They were told there would be one more bus from DHS to MK (8:20 PM) and to Epcot (8:30 PM) since those parks would still be open when DHS closed. If they had wanted to go to AK, there would not have been a bus back as they closed at 6 or 7 that night.
Yes thank you, that's what I thought. So you really have to be mindful at night.

And...you can take the regular bus back to your room at night. But...we are staying off site, so we have to get back to where we parked the car. So it will take some better planning, looking at park closing times that night and figuring out where to leave the car.

I am going to buy this add-on. You don't have to ONLY use this mode of transportation, it just gives you another option. The beauty is that you know when it will leave, if it works out that you are near the Express Transportation kiosk at a good time and you want to hop to another park, then hop on - if not, then don't. I think its going to be a huge timesaver for us - we'll be able to get from the middle of one park to the middle of another without the hassle of the main entrance/security/long walk to the buses, etc..

For $29/week its silly not to get it (if you plan on park hopping). That's my opinion, obviously!

I personally don't think you can plan that well. There are too many things that disrupt the schedule in Disney, especially if you're traveling with kids. We had gotten the schedule after the first day we missed the bus and planned on getting on the bus at whatever time it was from Hollywood studios but ended up being on a ride longer because they had to stop it for whatever reason. Plus, let's say your kid has to go to the bathroom or the wait time is short on a ride and you want to hop on. I didn't want to feel like I had to miss out on that vs. trying to get the bus on schedule. I just felt it was too much waiting around and planning for the bus. It's not like FP where it's a window, you either get the bus when it leaves or you don't. If you can keep on schedule, more power to you!
All true, but I like knowing the schedule. With the standard bus it's a game of roulette you never know when it's going to hit. If you leave now will you just make it? If I look in this window for 10 seconds will I miss the bus and have to wait? When is the next bus coming? Will it be full and I'll have to wait for the next one? I'll taking knowing over guesswork. Doubly so since it's not an either/or choice. If I just miss the express bus I can always go to the standard bus if I want. Best of both worlds.

I am going to buy this add-on. You don't have to ONLY use this mode of transportation, it just gives you another option. The beauty is that you know when it will leave, if it works out that you are near the Express Transportation kiosk at a good time and you want to hop to another park, then hop on - if not, then don't. I think its going to be a huge timesaver for us - we'll be able to get from the middle of one park to the middle of another without the hassle of the main entrance/security/long walk to the buses, etc..

For $29/week its silly not to get it (if you plan on park hopping). That's my opinion, obviously!

Same! For 7 days, just to have the option seems worth $30 to me. Granted, it is just me and my daughter, so probably easier to splurge $60 than if you have a big family, but I love the idea of knowing the time and having the option right there in the park without the walk out to the bus and getting to skip security again. Sounds well worth it to me!

Same! For 7 days, just to have the option seems worth $30 to me. Granted, it is just me and my daughter, so probably easier to splurge $60 than if you have a big family, but I love the idea of knowing the time and having the option right there in the park without the walk out to the bus and getting to skip security again. Sounds well worth it to me!

Yeah, also just my daughter and me.. I think its going to be an amazing option for us!

Call me silly but I can't make sense of the schedule posted on the first page. Plus, when does the bus started to run from park to park?

All true, but I like knowing the schedule. With the standard bus it's a game of roulette you never know when it's going to hit. If you leave now will you just make it? If I look in this window for 10 seconds will I miss the bus and have to wait? When is the next bus coming? Will it be full and I'll have to wait for the next one? I'll taking knowing over guesswork. Doubly so since it's not an either/or choice. If I just miss the express bus I can always go to the standard bus if I want. Best of both worlds.
I agree, to many times I can remember running to catch the standard bus before it drives away. At least if you miss the express you know exactly when it will be back.

MK - EP 10/40 = There is a bus running from magic kingdom to epcot at 10 minutes and 40 minutes after every hour
MK - DHS 20/50 = There is a bus running from magic kingdom to disney hollywood studios at 20 minutes and 50 minutes after every hour
MK - AK 0/30 = on and 30 minutes after

EP - MK 10/40 = 10 minutes and 40 minutes after
EP - DHS 0/30 = 0 min and 30 min
EP - AK 20/50 = 20 and 50

DHS - MK 20/50 = 20 and 50
DHS EP 0/30 = on and 30 after
DHS - AK 10/40 = 10 and 40 after

AK - MK 0/30 = etc
AK - EP 20/50 = etc
AK - DHS 10/40 = etc

I agree, to many times I can remember running to catch the standard bus before it drives away. At least if you miss the express you know exactly when it will be back.

If you miss the express you're losing the time advantage that you paid for in the first place and are now just paying for convenience. Some may people find it still a good value, most would not.

MK - EP 10/40 = There is a bus running from magic kingdom to epcot at 10 minutes and 40 minutes after every hour
MK - DHS 20/50 = There is a bus running from magic kingdom to disney hollywood studios at 20 minutes and 50 minutes after every hour
MK - AK 0/30 = on and 30 minutes after

EP - MK 10/40 = 10 minutes and 40 minutes after
EP - DHS 0/30 = 0 min and 30 min
EP - AK 20/50 = 20 and 50

DHS - MK 20/50 = 20 and 50
DHS EP 0/30 = on and 30 after
DHS - AK 10/40 = 10 and 40 after

AK - MK 0/30 = etc
AK - EP 20/50 = etc
AK - DHS 10/40 = etc
THANK YOU! That makes absolute sense and I'm sorry I didn't get it at first.

We plan on hopping quite a bit on our December trip and this service will definitely help a lot!

I agree completely!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter