new entrance at mk

Interesting but since you don't see someone using it, it is hard to say it will work well for those of use in PWC/ECV.

Have they tried it yet? It looks like it would definitely speed up the entrance process.

However, how will they know if I lent my ticket to someone else? Does RFID have a device for actual ID? I like the look - and the idea of the process! :thumbsup2

I meant since their no gate or machine more people would be able to use it and the gusset in te pec would not have to wait for the gate to be opened. They are also testing or have tested a new exit system where camera count you so you wouldn't have to go through the turn style.

I Love Pluto said:
Have they tried it yet? It looks like it would definitely speed up the entrance process.

However, how will they know if I lent my ticket to someone else? Does RFID have a device for actual ID? I like the look - and the idea of the process! :thumbsup2

Good point but as you see the cms have devices that will tell them if the ticket good or not plus you still have to put your finger on the scanner. Not sure if they are still pitting stickers on tickets or have they been issuing the new tickets.

I also see in the future even though they haven't said it once they switch all turn styles to these. Giving the cms a portable device where they could scan the ticket and finger to speed up the line even more. And be able to help guest who might not be able to reach the device. But we have to see what happens I think it a step forward and they can and will make changes if needed

Didn't notice any RFID entries last week when I was there - they did have a few more entries for cast members than in the past - but there were CM's using a handheld for scanning tickets and the people in those lines were moving pretty quickly, I don't believe that the scan tickets were using a finger scan though - just the ticket scan. The rest of the lines were the finger scan and insertion of the ticket.

Didn't notice any RFID entries last week when I was there - they did have a few more entries for cast members than in the past - but there were CM's using a handheld for scanning tickets and the people in those lines were moving pretty quickly, I don't believe that the scan tickets were using a finger scan though - just the ticket scan. The rest of the lines were the finger scan and insertion of the ticket.

i think they went live this week and they do have the finger scanner on them.

they are cute looking! I think it will speed up the process of going thru for all guests. I cannot count how many times people try to walk thru the turnstile and it stops on them, not to mention those in wheelchairs and those with strollers. Once they scanned, they had to wait for the gate to be opened up for them to proceed in. I am thrilled these are going live! I will be in the parks from Dec 28th to Jan 4th, and I can't wait to see/use them :goodvibes

thanks for the link too!

A Mickeyfan said:
they are cute looking! I think it will speed up the process of going thru for all guests. I cannot count how many times people try to walk thru the turnstile and it stops on them, not to mention those in wheelchairs and those with strollers. Once they scanned, they had to wait for the gate to be opened up for them to proceed in. I am thrilled these are going live! I will be in the parks from Dec 28th to Jan 4th, and I can't wait to see/use them :goodvibes

thanks for the link too!

I hope when you go you get on hm without any problems.

I like the idea of this. I think it will speed things up at the gates, but how will it keep somebody from just walking in? Like shoplifters that work in pairs...what keeps one person from distracting a CM and another just walking right in?

sokerfrog said:
I like the idea of this. I think it will speed things up at the gates, but how will it keep somebody from just walking in? Like shoplifters that work in pairs...what keeps one person from distracting a CM and another just walking right in?

What will keep them from doing it is under cover security and ocso deputy's plus they will put extra cms out their for awhile plus when they get to fast pass they won't be active. They also gave the cms devices so they can see when and if the ticket is scanned when helping other guest out plus if a cm has to help a guest they could signal another cm to watch. If it becomes a huge problem I am sure they will have to install something in the middle to keep people walking through. I also think they might have to put up a sign saying something like entering with out scanning your ticket will result in arrest or something in Disney lingo just to keep those few people in check. But signs and security don't always stop people so if someone wants to cheat Disney they will find a way and Disney will just have to try and keep one step ahead of them.

The current tickets don't have a device for actual ID.
The number on the ticket links to a file in the WDW computer. That is where all the actual information (like the finger scan for ID) is stored.
The ticket is just the way to access that file. So, it doesn't matter how the ticket is scanned.

I do think this will speed things up - no putting the ticket in wrong. No waiting for the gate to open.

I used the prototype at EPCOT last year, and it was clear that it was much better and faster even then.

As for cheats, I am sure the gate area has cameras trained on it with someone watching for people trying to sneek through.

I used the prototype at EPCOT last year, and it was clear that it was much better and faster even then.

As for cheats, I am sure the gate area has cameras trained on it with someone watching for people trying to sneek through.

There might also be other things that are not visible, similar to the way that self-service checkouts work in stores. They know how many items you have passed through to your bag from the cart.

from what I've herd the new RFID turnstiles at the parks are only being used for resort guest who have the new RFID Key to the world cards. Apparently all you have to do is tape your ticket on the mickey head then scan your finger.

EastYorkDisneyFan said:
from what I've herd the new RFID turnstiles at the parks are only being used for resort guest who have the new RFID Key to the world cards. Apparently all you have to do is tape your ticket on the mickey head then scan your finger.

Yeah for now but when they did the test thy would put the Mickey sticker on the tickets so you could use them I think the newer tickets might have the chip in them already but not sure. But they do have a way to make a ticket an RFID ready with a sticker all they need is to swipe your ticket and scan the sticker and transfer the info onto the sticker.

Just think one day when cell phones will have RFID chips in them all you have to do is tap your phone and go no more having to carry a room key or ticket, you could buy the ticket on the phone and just go in no waiting in line to buy a ticket.

Yeah for now but when they did the test thy would put the Mickey sticker on the tickets so you could use them I think the newer tickets might have the chip in them already but not sure. But they do have a way to make a ticket an RFID ready with a sticker all they need is to swipe your ticket and scan the sticker and transfer the info onto the sticker.

My guess would be they are doing this slowly as the bulk of the RFID system will be used with the resort cards, who know they may not even convert over regular tickets or AP's and just make it a resort only thing. Also the ones at the cash register are also equipped to be able to read credit card that have RFID in then

My guess would be they are doing this slowly as the bulk of the RFID system will be used with the resort cards, who know they may not even convert over regular tickets or AP's and just make it a resort only thing.

your right when they did the testing the resort didnt have rfid yet but i think they will because they do i am fine if they keep it resorts but they will have to add it to ap. it be easy since you can get them at resort so they could just give them the new cards. i think untill they get all the tickets and aps switched over they would expand the turn styles to add more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter