New England April vacation week and SW.

E

eeyoresmom

Right now we have tickets going out (to Tampa because the fares were cheaper ),on the Tuesday after April vacation starts ( April 17 ) and returning on Tuesday April 24. I'm really hoping to change my departure date to the sat sun or mon since we are all off of school or work anyway.What are the chances they will open up lower fares for any of those days? When would the fares start opening up ? We are DVC members and HAVE to plan for accomadations as far as possible in advance. TIA

I don't have a lot of experience. Speaking from just last year, I would say your chances are slim to none. April vacation book the first day SW opens fares and your chances of flying on a weekend are extrememly difficult. Although, I flew from MCO, not Tampa.

Infortunately, I wouldn't hold out much hope either.
We usually fly out of BDL. We're going April vacation for the first time this year. I originally booked Tues -Tues, same as you at the $109 IOW fare. Later I changed it to ALB-MCO Mon-Mon and saved $200 (I could have saved more, but there were only 2 - not 3 -seats available at the cheaper fare) IMO, If promotional or IOW fares are still available, you've got a good chance of a DING or a discounted fare (if the IOW isn't that discounted). If Fun Fares are the cheapest available, then your chances are less. And if Advance Purchase is the cheapest fare available, I would not expect anything much cheaper to come out. But as always, keep checking; not only the DINGS, but also just look at fare for your itinerary and the days befre on a regular basis.

Yeah, SW was a problem for us too. We usually leave from BDL and wanted to leave the 14th and come back the 23rd. Prices were high even on the first day flights were released. Just booked on JetBlue out of Newark for 217.00r/t. Figured if i waited any longer i could be in trouble

TLH1977

Just curious, where do you live that your choice of airports is BDL or Newark?

Anne

Sorry it took me so long to respond...we are from Shelton, CT which is in fairfield county so usually it takes us the same amount of time to get to lga or jfk as it does bdl. Newark will probably take us about 15 minutes longer plus now we have to deal with the GW. When it saves us about $800, alittle longer drive cant bother us too much-happy holidays!

Sorry it took me so long to respond...we are from Shelton, CT which is in fairfield county so usually it takes us the same amount of time to get to lga or jfk as it does bdl. Newark will probably take us about 15 minutes longer plus now we have to deal with the GW. When it saves us about $800, alittle longer drive cant bother us too much-happy holidays!

The advantage to using Bradley is that the parking is generally about half the cost of Newark, and 1/3 the cost of JFK or LGA. Additionally you car will almost always be safer in Windsor than in the other three.

It's too bad that Stewart isn't really offering many commercial flights these days (if any) because when they were a few years back, many from your area were finding that a very convenient airport to use.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter