New DVC owner!

Yardbird

DIS Veteran
I am so excited! We just returned from an 8-day stay at WL yesterday, and had an awesome time! While there, we toured SSR, listened to the sales presentation, and decided to take the plunge.

SSR probably wouldn't have been my first choice, but since it was the only one being offered through Disney at this time, we went ahead anyway. I realize that we could have purchased through a re-sell, but I know DH, and for our "first time" he was more comfortable doing it this way.

I am still learning about how DVC works, and reading all that I can on the DVC boards. We purchased 160 points (I know that this is just the beginning ;)), and were given an incentive option of 160 free (?) points to use now, or 10% to put toward the purchase price. DH opted for the 10%, and I was just happy that he was willing to buy! However, I would have taken the 160 points now! He said that's because I am all about "instant gratification." What can I say. ;)

So, we will not be able to start utilizing our points until June 1, 2005, when the building we bought into will be completed (?) Which is okay, because we may not be able to take a vacation before then anyway.

My question is: If I wanted to book at VWL for the second week of June, when should/can I make reservations?

Thanks!

Hello! We bought on Saturday, too!

Regarding your want to stay at WVL, it's not your home resort, so 7 months out is when you can book. In this case, that would be December.

We did A LOT of research before we bought and our sales guide was asking me why I don't work for DVC, lol!

Suzanne

Welcome Home!

I don't know about building openings, but under ordinary circumstances, you could make a ressie for June '05 at VWL in Nov. '04 with your SSR points. You can do it day by day from the first check out date, or all at once at the final check out date. I'm assuming availability.

Bobbi:D

Congratulations and Welcome Home

Now you can start planning an add on.

Have fun.

HBC

Welcome Home!!!!!!!!

Did you tell DH that this is just the beginning;) My DH just agreed to more points yesterday, so now the hunt begins:teeth:

Lisa:sunny:

<font color=blue><font size=2><b>CONGRATULATIONS AND WELCOME HOME!!!! </FONT COLOR></B></FONT SIZE>

:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter