New DVC Member confused about waitlist...

Louise Potts

Mouseketeer
Hi all

I am a new DVC-er and i am hoping to receive some help from some more experienced members please....

I tried to book a 7 night stay at SSR for October but could only book 5 nights - so had to go on waitlist for our first AND last night of the vacation.

My last night waitlist request was approved immediately? My first night waitlist is pending....

My question is - as the 2 bookings (hopefully soon 3) all have different booking references do i now need to do something to combine them into just one booking? Or do I need to expect to moving room 3 times in 7 nights?

Thanks in advance

Lou

You should be able to combine them by calling member services as long as they are the exact same room type (same view, location, etc)

You should be able to combine them by calling member services as long as they are the exact same room type (same view, location, etc)

Thats great news - I did request all 1 bedroom studio preferred so fingers crossed we can stay in the same studio for the whole vacation. I don't travel light so packing and unpacking would not be fun! Thanks so much for your reply

Thats great news - I did request all 1 bedroom studio preferred so fingers crossed we can stay in the same studio for the whole vacation. I don't travel light so packing and unpacking would not be fun! Thanks so much for your reply

1 bedroom or studio as they are not the same thing.

If you are going from a 1 bedroom to a studio yes you will have to move

As long as all 3 reservations are for the same room type and view, then you can just do online chat and ask MS to merge them,

If they are different rooms, then you will move

Now that your first waitlist has been approved, you can add a second waitlist for another room category to increase your chances for the first night. That would involve moving, but you’d have a room the first night. If that waitlist comes through first, chat with member services to set up the original waitlist to replace that night. Hope that makes sense!

As long as all 3 reservations are for the same room type and view, then you can just do online chat and ask MS to merge them,

If they are different rooms, then you will move
Great i will try and do that now - thanks for your help

Now that your first waitlist has been approved, you can add a second waitlist for another room category to increase your chances for the first night. That would involve moving, but you’d have a room the first night. If that waitlist comes through first, chat with member services to set up the original waitlist to replace that night. Hope that makes sense!

oh yes that does make sense - what a great tactic, i would never have thought of that! thank you so much for sharing that x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter