New Dumbo Ride Accessible?

Grateful Mickey

Mouseketeer
We're going to Disney World in March. Storybook Circus will be open in the New Fantasyland. There will be two Dumbo rides - one new and one transferred from the "old" Fantasyland. On the new ride, will at least one new 'elephant-car' be handicapped accessible?

Thanks & have a magical day.

:cool2:

We don't know for sure yet, but I expect they would have an accessible Dumbo similar to the wheelchair accessible Aladdin's Magic Carpet and the accessible Dino from Triceraptop spin at AK.

The current Dumbo does not have a wheelchair accessible Dumbo, but does have a transfer Dumbo where the side opens wider. I expect they will keep that, even if there is also a wheelchair accessible one. I don't know for sure, but it would make sense to keep that one because many people can transfer to it and it requires almost no time to convert (unlike the wheelchair accessible ones that need to be partly dissassembled ).
Transfer Dumbo
P5102395.jpg

Wheelchair accessible Magic Carpet - the seat is removed and part of the car makes a ramp to drive the wheelchair in
PA170565.JPG

Wheelchair accessible Dino
2590PA201617.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter