New DLR expansion?

JIMINOCCHIO

I am addicted to vacationing!
Ok, besides a possible 3rd DLR gate a block away, I just heard that there is talk about a 4th gate for DLR located on the north end of DL in the existing backstage areas. Does anyone know anything else about this? Boy that sure would be exciting.

I think that before DLR can ad any additional gated attrations, they must first achieve some real success with DCA. This was a huge investment that some might call a risk. I really like that park, but nothing appears to have worked there.

As a CM, I went to a "preview" of the park before it opened in 2001. It was nice and I was quite impressed. A few weeks later I returned with some of my fellow CM's over President's day weekend. The crowds were nowhere to be found. I returned again over Memorial Day, in the height of summer and on Labor Day weekend. Still, there was nothing in the way of crowds like over at DL.

DCA has not taken off yet. But I am confident that the park eventually will. I was last there this past June. Again, it was a big event (Super Soap Weekend), but the crowds were nothing impressive. I think the park will see increased attendance when TOT opens next year. Hopefully that will be the shot in the arm that they need.

DCA is not a failure. I remember DAK had a lot of issues when it first opened, but a few years later, it was a hit. As for other "gates" at DLR. Don't hold your breath. It took over 45 years for DCA to become a reality. There is not enough room on the property for another gate. They can't afford to lose any more back stage areas. A water park or smaller attraction near the property is a possibility, but i'm sure it is still several years off.

DAK a few years later was a hit?????

It's been 5 years and still is no where near a hit, IMHO.

DCA to me seems a little of the beaten path for Disney (thats great) but I think it takes some warming up too

Originally posted by daber
DAK a few years later was a hit?????

It's been 5 years and still is no where near a hit, IMHO.

uh, have you seen the crowds there during the summer, you cnat move around there are so many people there. Just wait till 2006 when E:E opens, it'll be even more of a hit

AK is doing quite well compared to Epcot or the Disney-MGM Studios in terms of visitation, especially when compared to the operating hours. On the other hand, all three parks have been performing dismally the last couple of years. I wouldn't call it a "hit", but I wouldn't call it a failure either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter