New DisneyParksBlog on MyMagic+ and FP+

ryalluvdiz said:
I think it said everyone can book 60 bays in advance.... Just have to put in ticket information.

That makes me feel a little better but I still think it stinks.

Luckily, I still have a few neurons firing on all cylinders...
~I don't understand this post, you haven't said anything! Also, the only significant oxymoron I can identify is your response. I see that you've miraculously "recovered" -- quite quickly. Now, why don't you take this new found strength & vigor along with the "few neurons" you have left and apply it to something productive. In other words, since you refuse to take my kind advice -- please follow your own rude advice & "get over it!" Have a magical day!!!

Luckily, I still have a few neurons firing on all cylinders...

OXYMORON-STICKY-300x279_zpsc92c857f.jpg

forest_zps0697edd0.jpg

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

Thanks! I needed that. :thumbsup2

I'm not sure why people are worked up over being able to use them for meet and greats/parades, I think its great and if you dont then just use your FP+ for rides no skin off your nose in fact it may benefit you that I will be

While I am not "worked up" about the parade viewing, I'm not a fan either.

I would not trade a ride slot for one of these myself, since I would still feel compelled to get there early to get a curb side spot.

But we were there during the test in December. Our friends wanted to sit right up front on the curb in front of the castle, and that was no longer an option for us, as it was roped off for the FP folks. So yes, when they reserve the prime real estate for parade watching, it takes that prime real estate away as an option. I suppose every single day moving forward, once this gets under way.

Less of the blitz of advertising coming directly to you via your phone. But there will be kiosks in the parks to check, update, and add attraction reservations.

This new system would not work for me then. I'd be staying on property but I have a typical tracfone.

Anyone who is very upset about Magic Bands as targeted marketing, I sure hope you don't use FB. FB is a data-mining app for the purpose of target marketing, disguised as a social media app. Remember all those quizzes 5 years ago when it first started? Those "What are your 5 favorite cereals?" "What's your favorite soft drink?" "What was your favorite childhood cartoon?" They've gotten more slick at it, but come on folks. Data mining and targeted marketing are here for the long haul. Let's say you go into the Emporium 4 times in one week and look at the same item 4 times. Then you go up to the counter to buy a small cheaper item and the CM tells you, "You've received a 20% off coupon for X item. Would you like to purchase that item?" Targeted marketing benefits the customer as well as the marketer.

I'm more concerned about the logistics of FP+ and wondering how long it will take touring plans, Easywdw, etc. to share with us how to game the system and make the most of things. Luckily, my first FP + trip will be in December, and I hope my favorite trip planning gurus (and Disney) will have some of the kinks worked out by then.

VP

They could add hand tanning boxes along with box charging stations for techies that can't survive without an electrical device ....

They could add hand tanning boxes along with box charging stations for techies that can't survive without an electrical device ....

Ahhhhh!

Someone should have posted this sooner. I could have gotten on board with it all much quicker! :thumbsup2

THIS! When I am there in the steamy heat of August I want to wear as little as possible (not to mention when I get hot flashes!):rotfl:

I was thinking the EXACT same thing! I could barely handle wearing my regular watch, I do NOT want a rubber bracelet sticking to me! :)

I've been reading many of these Next Gen threads and I've been trying to figure out why a company would spend mega bucks on something like this.

I've decided that it's just a ruse to get your information and target the marketing directly to you on a personal basis, via electronic devices like phones or computers. Sure, there's a much over hyped (useless) carrot promised to you in exchange for you participating in this system.....

But....Lets look at Disney's track record with recent advancements. We have a NEW! web site that's a total disaster. On my last visit in Dec. 2012 Disney Parks Mobile Magic was completely non functional. The technology upgrade that Test Track installed was completely non functional when we rode it, meaning less than a week after it opened, and that was only when the ride wasn't down, which it was non functional on a regular basis.

Add to this the marketing fluff without any substance for events like Epcot's anniversary, Limited Time Magic, which so far has tragically consisted of left over beads distributed during a Dance party for New Years and a gap in the schedule for this week (must have run out of beads!) and the fabulous "New" 'Year of the Ear Hat' in which (GASP!) New ear hats will be released.

I love the fact that they don't even have a schedule for limited time magic, which to me means they are totally making it up as they go along. We are celebrating the 4th of July for the whole week? Really? What genius dreamed that one up?

If those examples don't float your boat think about all the other dogs that were unleashed on us in the past.

Speaking of dogs, for this last trip, unless we got to the parks at rope drop we couldn't get any fast passes, and the few that we did get we couldn't use because it meant chaining ourselves to a return time schedule that just didn't work. Don't worry if you're not understanding this. You'll figure it out when you get in the parks and try to work out the details of making your return time when you finally realize you don't know exactly how long it's going to take you to eat that counter service meal or get through the line for another attraction. Sounds fairly simple huh? Well in actual practice it just never worked out for us. If we wanted to make that FP return time we had to stop doing things for fear that it would take up too much time, so the choice was stop touring and wait for the FP return time when it got to be within an hour of it or keep moving on seeing other attractions. Sounds like a little thing huh? Well try it and see how it sucks the life out of touring the parks.

I think that someone in the Disney marketing department is trying to put one over on us and put lipstick on a pig, package it in sensationalism and depend on people's ignorance to buy in to being manipulated and herded into paying more and getting less. It's what they've been doing lately with many of their other promotions.... right?

I think it's really sad that Disney has totally lost sight of Walt's vision for the parks and it's become a matter of wringing the last dollar out of every guest at the expense of substance.

In my opinion the leadership in the parks department has definitely turned a corner and it's not in the right direction.

Your mileage and opinion may vary and that's fine with me. I'm watching what they are doing. It's a lot more telling than what they are saying.

While I'm at it I'll add another pet peeve. What's up with the charging for a Garden view at a resort and you are staring at a wall of overgrown, ugly shrubbery. Who in their right mind decided that they had the hubris to charge extra for that? Helen Keller?

Remember, the main idea is to manipulate and wring out every last dollar from the guest. This is where the emphasis is. What happened to the magic? Where did that go??

Now I'll tell you that I'll still go to the parks and have fun, but I'll be sad about all the things that were dumbed down or ended or just plain taken away. Then I'll see what is being promoted as replacing it, and I'll know that it's not better. That's my opinion, that's what I'm seeing. That's all I'm saying. I'm not any more right than you are. It's just an opinion folks.

:thumbsup2:cheer2::rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter