• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New disney website!

Yeah, I believe the Disney Fairies game, once its fully launched, will have a toy buy-in for access to the site/special features. I'm not sure what you'll have to buy, but there's a jewlery box and bracelets involved. I'm sure that the toys are what's causing the big delay for this game- they'll have some sort of chip in them to connect real-life friends as buddies in-game.

From the screenshot's I've seen, it looks like they're using Club Penguin's base for this game- so communication and other features should be similar.

http://www.gearlog.com/2008/02/toy_fair_2008_disney_fairies_p.php

It has screen shots of the world and it looks very similar to the Disney Fairies site we are goofing with now.

I love this line of the article:

"Disney hopes that by offering these Internet-connected toys that it will teach girls to share their Fairies and create friendships. There are five products in the Disney Fairies collection, which range in price from $4.99 to $29.99."

Does anyone actually believe that is what Disney is hoping? More likely they are hoping we shell out tons of money for this stuff.

This board is proof that we learned to share and create friendships on VMK without spending $29.99 = tax.

Here is the preview site
http://disney.go.com/fairies/pixiehollow/comingSoon.html

If you can tell me where Brightmoon is from I'll be impressed. :)

It sounds very familiar to me. All I can think of is one of the cartoons from the 80s that I used to watch, but I can recall which one. If that's wrong, please disregard this message.. it's the result of drinking too much cough syrup :laughing:

Michelle

P.S. My name on there is Heather Brightmoon.
How convenient that my real name is that of a flower.
If you can tell me where Brightmoon is from I'll be impressed. :)

Does it have anything to do with Sailor Moon? :confused3

Okay... am I being really blonde?? How do you get into the same room as other faires.
Fairies-Meadow-Screen-12.jpg

And where can I find this map??

Pixie-Hollow-Map-Screen.jpg

Okay I think I just answered my own Questions... :headache:

Okay... am I being really blonde?? How do you get into the same room as other faires.
Fairies-Meadow-Screen-12.jpg

And where can I find this map??

Pixie-Hollow-Map-Screen.jpg

I am dying to know. :rotfl:

But I think this is from the promo video for the actual game? Because the only thing you can do at the moment is watch your fairy float.

I am dying to know. :rotfl:

But I think this is from the promo video for the actual game? Because the only thing you can do at the moment is watch your fairy float.

:rotfl: I know! I'm also wondering how other fairies have so many stars for their rating. And how they get all these different furnish and rooms. :eek:

I really am lost with this whole thing... and this is for young girls??

It sounds very familiar to me. All I can think of is one of the cartoons from the 80s that I used to watch, but I can recall which one. If that's wrong, please disregard this message.. it's the result of drinking too much cough syrup :laughing:

Michelle

Yes, it is indeed from an 80s cartoon. My favorite childhood cartoon, in fact. I had all the dolls. Actually, I STILL have all the dolls. Because I just can't let go. Hehe.

Does it have anything to do with Sailor Moon? :confused3

Nope. Not Sailor Moon. That was more after my time.

:rotfl: I know! I'm also wondering how other fairies have so many stars for their rating. And how they get all these different furnish and rooms. :eek:

I really am lost with this whole thing... and this is for young girls??

They have all the stars from other fairies' ratings (I'm not sure whether guests can rate the fairies). It is quite possible that real life friends give ratings to each other's fairies as well.

As for the furniture I have no idea, initially I thought you get to select by a list depending on your fairy's talent but it seems that this is not the case.

There is also a popularity list and a billion fairies,many of whom go by the same name :scared: and that to my mind makes the game very confusing.

And finally, I have written many posts on this thread analyzing the concept of THE FAIRIES GAME for crying out loud. :rotfl2:

Back to vmk now. I don't want my avatar to feel cheated by a non-speaking-just-floating fairy. :eek: :rotfl:

i just made my fairie and its called Rachel Willowwhisper :) i hate that you can't really do anything else besides make a fairie...but it is a cool dress-up game to play around with

There is also a popularity list and a billion fairies,many of whom go by the same name :scared: and that to my mind makes the game very confusing.

I know what you mean! I was surfing the site and came across about 10 million Mango so and so out there.

Oh and my fairies name is May Cherrybloom, I don't know where I live ( :laughing: ) but maybe you can find me with just my name.

I made a fairy. I am simply Sapphire. I didn't want a last name!

Sapphire........ 185 Amber Almond Tree. I am a light fairy!

Yes, it is indeed from an 80s cartoon. My favorite childhood cartoon, in fact. I had all the dolls. Actually, I STILL have all the dolls. Because I just can't let go. Hehe.

Woot! Knew I was on to something there. It came back to me this evening while watching a Family Guy episode which had a little blip about He-man, LOL. So, which was your favorite.. He-man or She-ra? ;)

I know what you mean about not letting go. I still have my original Care Bears and Rose Petal Place videos, stuffed animals, and dolls. My Rainbow Brite and My Little Pony memorabilia was destroyed in a hurricane :sad2:

Michelle

OK, my fairy is named Peppergrass and she lives at 105383 Fairy Dust Mill. She just hangs there. But I got a squirrel!

For furniture there is a button thingy you click on "Change My Room" or something like that. Gives you choices of furniture, decorations and such.:confused3

Woot! Knew I was on to something there. It came back to me this evening while watching a Family Guy episode which had a little blip about He-man, LOL. So, which was your favorite.. He-man or She-ra? ;)

I know what you mean about not letting go. I still have my original Care Bears and Rose Petal Place videos, stuffed animals, and dolls. My Rainbow Brite and My Little Pony memorabilia was destroyed in a hurricane :sad2:

Michelle

Hee. You've got it figured out. My favorite was She-Ra. Though I did enjoy He-Man a lot back then as well. Even had some of the dolls from his series. But man, I was addicted to She-Ra. Like I said, I had all of the dolls (plus the castle and the horses and the big cat and so on), which was quite a feat. I can't tell you how psyched I was when they finally started releasing the DVDs. Now they just need to release DVDs of more of my other favorites from that era. I'm talking to you, people who own the rights to Rainbow Brite, Strawberry Shortcake, Jem, and the like.

You're bringing back memories now. I was a big fan of Care Bears, Rose Petal Place, Rainbow Brite, My Little Pony (and adding another to the list -- Strawberry Shortcake) as well. My mother made a Grumpy Bear stuffed animal for me, which I still cherish to this day. I had Rose Petal place stuff (like three of the girls, the mean spider, and her house), but sadly that was at my grandmother's house and she threw it all away. :sad2: I'm so sorry to hear about your Rainbow Brite and My Little Pony stuff.

And, wow. I don't think I've EVER gone this far off topic.
*hums* :rolleyes1

My Fairy name is Lady Moonmist and I live at 189 Sleepy Fern Valley. I joined the Dis boards so I could post about VMK the day they announced they were closing. Great timing. lol.::MinnieMo :tinker: :tink: :smickey: pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter