• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Dinner Menu at CRT

HannaLeAnn

Earning My Ears
So I was planning on ordering the Beef Tenderloin with Shrimp at CRT for dinner, but today, I looked at the menu, and it now has Beef Tenderloin with Celery Root Mash instead of potatoes and shrimp. Anyone heard of these changes? Also noticing multiple other differences between the old menu.

Last edited:
I noticed this the other day, too. I have a reservation in July and was also planning on the beef tenderloin and shrimp.

Wow, so much better me ....now kind of regretting not getting a reservation for this upcoming trip, the previous menu had nothing I would eat on it.

This looks pretty good, and maybe a little more ambitious? Has anyone tried the new menu? Is it well done?

Wow, so much better me ....now kind of regretting not getting a reservation for this upcoming trip, the previous menu had nothing I would eat on it.

This is funny to me because we are the exact opposite. We chose it for the theming and were going to make due with the "fancy food", but this food is way too fancy for our liking.

Menu changes are common. They usually keep a few favorites and then change things up periodically at any TS restaurant. If a recent review is to be believed, a diner was told on Mother's Day that the menu had changed 3 days prior (so May 9th or the vicinity).

ETA: I'm willing to bet substitutions can be made. For those who don't want the celery mash with the beef, there are mashed potatoes on the kids menu and I'm sure they'd happily switch that. If you ask to substitute one side for another that is elsewhere on the menu, or change a sauce or leave it off it's rare that they'd give you a hard time.

This is funny to me because we are the exact opposite. We chose it for the theming and were going to make due with the "fancy food", but this food is way too fancy for our liking.
The problem is I don't eat seafood, nor things prepared with alcohol and previously literally everything on the menu had one of those two issues. Overall I am not a picky eater, so I don't mind the "fancy food" (although I don't really see anything fancy about this menu, most of it sounds delicious), but I am glad to see them branching out from cooking so much with alcohol here.

That's too bad - we ate there last year for the first time and DH and I both loved the beef and shrimp entree.

For those who don't want the celery mash with the beef, there are mashed potatoes on the kids menu and I'm sure they'd happily switch that.
Lol, at risk of sounding overly picky and uncultured, I had to google what celery root mash is and it is just as the name says...the roots of the celery plant boiled and mashed. Since I'm not a fan of celery, I'm guessing I won't enjoy it's mashed roots so I will definitely be subbing mashed potatoes if I go with the beef tenderloin! I love shrimp, so I'm sad it's no longer an accompaniment to the beef tenderloin.

Lol, at risk of sounding overly picky and uncultured, I had to google what celery root mash is and it is just as the name says...the roots of the celery plant boiled and mashed. Since I'm not a fan of celery, I'm guessing I won't enjoy it's mashed roots so I will definitely be subbing mashed potatoes if I go with the beef tenderloin! I love shrimp, so I'm sad it's no longer an accompaniment to the beef tenderloin.

Don’t worry about sounding overly picky or uncultured. I’ll eat octopus but I don’t like celery mash at all (or celery in general unless it’s in soup but I digress). Not everyone loves every food. Also I live in an area with plenty of great restaurants with “fancy” menus and I can’t think of the last time I went out for dinner and saw celery mash as a choice.

On the flip side, DH LOVES celery and would probably gladly eat his and mine. I’m with you- I will miss the shrimp!

I also loved the beef tenderloin and shrimp entree on the old menu! One thing I personally really like about the new menu is they've added some low carb friendly sides, which is great for my husband, who is T1 diabetic. I’ve been to CRT with my sister, but not my husband, because the portions are just too small for him to be unable to eat 1/3 of the meal. I’ll be at CRT with my sister in June, but hopefully the new menu items stick around until November, when my husband and I visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter